Talent Acquisition at Barclays
Views:843 Applications:196 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Barclays - AVP/VP - MI & Regulatory Reporting - CA (5-12 yrs)
This role will entail managing the consumed cost reporting for legal entities. The main purpose being
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) of BX consumed view and billing, including analysis and understanding of key variances, messaging to LE controllers and owning billing allocations and methodologies
- Develop and maintain BP&A type capability within A&B COE to support the LE MI
- In depth understanding of the build up of consumed cost STP and its components
- Deliver end-to-end Finance reporting that enables LEs to understand the BX allocations and variance to STP
- Strategic financial support to AEs
- High quality, consistent and standardized offering with complete ownership of the numbers
What will you be doing?
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Lead the monthly reviews with MDs/Ds and act as a single point of contact for all the queries resolution in relation to the consumed cost billing
- Build strong partnership with BX FBPs to understand the underlying commercial drivers of the cost and variance to STP thereof
- Prepare various dashboard & MI reports to enable decision making and effective control
- BX Consumed View and Billing analysis
- Ensure thorough understanding of BX fully loaded and consumed cost base, as well as allocation methodologies for Operations, PCD and Application Support
- In depth understanding of the allocation rules in terms of simplification, water fall analysis and tech cost analysis
- Clear understanding of end to end flow of the BX cost from managed to consumed
- Knowledge of the Apptio model
- Own analysis of BX consumed cost and provide key variance commentary, including Outlook, Monthly actuals vs forecast
- Deliver key messages back to stakeholders, appropriate to the different audiences, owning any subsequent follow ups and allocation queries
- Drive standardization , enhance client facing relationship , drive end-to-end process ownership, upgrade/enhance business partner and analytic capabilities
- Ensure best in class, efficient and robust controls are adhered to at all times
- Ad-hoc activity to support consumed cost related Executive level requests
What were looking for:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant with an experience in BP&A and Management reporting
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills a must. Ability to balance multiple critical requests from various stakeholders with outstanding precision
- Ability to develop and maintain constructive relationships with internal stakeholders across all levels and geographies of the organization
- Strong Communication skills across a variety of forums and mediums. Proven ability to distil information into key messages and deliver succinctly according to audience
- Ability to develop business strategy, communicate in clear and confident manner, and act independently to implement, sometimes using creativity in approach
- Sound working knowledge of Cost Reporting & Analytics and accounting principles and practices
- Very Strong Microsoft Excel (including Power Query) and PowerPoint skills. A very good understanding of SAP/BI or other similar tools
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Communication, influencing and negotiating skills at all levels within the organisation.
- Ability to be flexible and agile working across a range of priorities and deliverables
- Experience in working on business intelligence tools, SAP or similar tools.