Direct Recuriter at Barclays
Views:1806 Applications:68 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Barclays - AVP - PC Valuations (6-10 yrs)
Overall purpose of role
- Independent price verification (IPV) and the calculation of fair value adjustments (FVAs)
- Reporting results and conclusions to senior management with recommended actions
- Analysis of valuation models as part of the price verification process, including as necessary liaising with Quantitative Analytics, Market Risk and Model Validation as part of the trade approval process
- Oversight and analysis of FVA methodologies and oversight of product observability review processes
- Independent price verification for various cash and derivative products.
- Calculation of various fair value adjustments when required
- Full ownership of the month end valuation production cycle:
- Preparation process from a logistic, process & IT point of view:
- Generation of IPV variances, valuation uncertainty, reserves
- Analysis / commenting of results
- Escalation of valuation issues
- Communicating/reporting IPV results to finance management, trading desks and external stakeholders (auditors, regulators), via the production of the monthly IPV reporting pack and communication in relevant meetings
- Work with peers across PC-Valuation team to help establish best practice guidelines and ensure these guidelines are well-communicated and adhered to.
- Working on creating solutions/improvements to the IPV process. This requires working with the - Change Management- team to enhance specification of technology requirements as well as assisting with testing & managing new releases.
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
- Quantitative primary degree.
- Advanced degree in similar subjects. Further professional qualification such as ACA, CIMA, CFA or MBA.
- Valuation control or product control experience in a financial services environment. Strong front to back valuation control experience.
- Experience with presentation and communication to senior management (which may have been obtained as part of a Professional Services / Consulting firm)
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Strong organisational skills and structured management approach, supporting timely delivery of complex meeting material that includes input from across the global Valuations team.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to distill complex issues into an easy to digest summary for senior management.
Understanding of fundamental accounting principles related to valuations.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office products.
- Proactive change champion who looks to develop and embed best practice.
- Strong communicator (written and interpersonal) with an understanding of senior management perspective.
- Confident and assertive with the ability to negotiate and influence constructively across teams and geographies.
- Capable reviewer of meeting materials and commentary, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills and structured approach.
- Strong control focus.
- Strong workflow management skills and good knowledge of a high standard reporting function.
- Understanding of a range of asset classes.
- Strong coding skills ( Python/VBA /R etc)
- Advanced Interest Rate derivatives product knowledge
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.