Talent Acquisition at Barclays
Views:616 Applications:139 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:55
Barclays - AVP - Liquidity Risk/IFRS/Stress Testing (4-8 yrs)
Successfully balance the following responsibilities:
1. Provide independent review (IR) and challenge of all quantitative and qualitative processes categorized as models (ILAAP, ICAAP, Credit Risk, Liquidity Risk, IFRS9 Wholesale Credit Risk model, IRRBB etc.) under the MRM framework to a high degree of depth, as required by and detailed in the Bank's policies and standards. This role will be part of Group Risk IVU team.
2. Provide input to/support the governance and reporting processes related to model risk management.
3. Exposure/interaction with Model/Business Owners (e.g. wholesale portfolio) and gain business and regulatory insights
1. Independent review and challenge [80%]
a. Work on independent review of models across different spectrum of retail and wholesale portfolios
- Liquidity Risk Models - Models (LCR, ILAAP) used to calculate Bank's liquidity requirement and survival horizon in adherence to Liquidity Regulatory Requirements
- Interest Rate Risk in Banking Book (IRRBB) Models - models used for management and supervision of interest rate risk
- Stress Test Models - Climate Risk Stress Test, Internal Stress Test, Medium Term Plan, Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) or Bank of England (BoE) Stress Test
- Capital Models - Models used to calculate Bank's capital requirement as per BASEL guidelines
- IFRS9 Models - International Financial Reporting Standard to calculate Expected Loss
- Diverse Banking Portfolios - for different banking products e.g. Wholesale (Corporate and Investment Bank) and Retail portfolios (Credit Card, Home loan etc.).
- Review regulatory requirements to ensure compliance with Basel III rules in IRB portfolios and support roll out portfolios moving to IRB.
- Perform technical analysis and/or build alternative benchmarks to new and existing models, in line with the requirements set out in the bank's standards and policies.
b. Produce high quality model validation reports, with a particular focus on noting limitations, weaknesses and assumptions
c. Wholesale portfolio knowledge
2. Governance and Reporting [20%]
a. Review regulatory requirements to ensure compliance with Basel III rules in IRB portfolios and support roll out portfolios moving to IRB.
b. Support the development and review conformance with appropriate policies including Group Model Risk policy.
- Experience in a modeller/validator role in the Wholesale industry
- Strong analytical skills with experience in developing, validating and risk management of models
- Significant experience of coding in R/Python. Expert user of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office tools.
- Good communication and influencing skills, ability to produce high quality written communication for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Sharp focus on gaps/issues identification and passionate about problem solving
- An ability to identify and analyse appropriate external data sources for model development or validation.
- Good understanding of banking environment and wholesale portfolios.
- Familiarity with FRB/PRA regulations and IFRS9 accounting standards.
- Ability to work in a high performing team, and the ability to work and liaise with others in a diverse team
Education - Masters in Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Operational Research, Physics
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.