Talent Acquisition at Barclays
Views:806 Applications:207 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:34
Barclays - AVP - Internal Audit & SOX Testing (5-10 yrs)
The Role is to support the Barclays Bank UKs annual SOX process on an ongoing basis, and contribute to process improvements, with particular emphasis on:
- Review and assess adequacy of process documentation, perform design effectiveness and operating effectiveness testing and report control issues.
- Drive improvements across the SOx team and the wider control environment across the Bank.
- Support the Head of SOx, CCO, BUK with ad hoc tasks.
What will you be doing?
- Conduct SOx Design Effectiveness Assessment (DEA) which includes scheduling and conducting walkthrough meetings with control owners, documenting the walkthrough meetings and procedures, identifying and communicating any DEA deficiencies and following up with control owners to ensure any DEA deficiencies are resolved in a timely manner.
- Conduct SOx Operating Effectiveness Testing (OET) which includes preparing a detailed request list, selecting appropriate samples for testing and executing the testing in line with Barclays SOx Methodology.
- Assess the impact of control weaknesses on financial reporting and raise issues. Monitor progress of remediation plans for SOx related issues
- Work on special projects requiring attention for improving control environment
- Manage activities like RCA refresh, EUDAs, Records Management, Financial Crime, etc.
- Drive a culture of Risk and Governance in CCO, Noida through Risk Campaign, and other activities.
- Provide expertise on ERMF, BCF, RCSA, EUDA, Financial Crime
- Influencing / convincing the Senior Management / stakeholders on various governance and oversight matters of operational risk
- Champion a culture of customer service and continuous improvement in global GFD. Ensure that opportunities for controls, process and service improvements are encouraged.
- Support in various governance projects/streams such as Operational Risk Management Framework, Consistent Control projects, etc
What were looking for :
- Minimum experience of post qualification experience in auditing (trained in Big Four) preferably in Financial Services
- Experienced in identifying, documenting and testing controls for Sarbanes Oxley Regulatory Reporting purposes
- Good understanding of the COSO framework and its application to internal controls over financial reporting
- Ability to understand, implement and drive improvements to a risk & control framework for finance functions
- Strong project and change management skills, strong analytical and quantitative skills