Direct Recruiter at Barclays
Views:1414 Applications:104 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Barclays - AVP - Governance & Control (6-9 yrs)
Operational Risk management supports implementation of ORM / BCF though compliance of related Policy & Standard for entire of GFD - Issue Management, Risk Event and Dispensation Waiver and Breach (DWB); Compliance to the EUDA Policy including managing the EUDA Inventory for entire GFD, imparting training to EUDA Primary users and Owners and liaison with Cyber Security (IRM) contacts; compilation of Business list of Records/ Information Asset Register (BLOR/ IAR) for Finance and Tax; support Compilation of annual RCSA for Operational Risk and FRR; quarterly attestation of Risk events for Finance;
What will you be doing?
Control Environment :
- Develop and maintain overall Control Framework
- Manage governance and oversight over RCA refresh, EUDAs, Records Management, Financial Crime, Risk Events, Issues Management, etc.
- Drive a culture of Risk and Governance in CCO, Noida through Risk Campaign, and other activities.
- Prepare reports and MI for India Finance Forum
- Provide expertise on ERMF, BCF, RCSA, EUDA, Financial Crime
- Influencing / convincing the Senior Management / stakeholders on various governance and oversight matters of operational risk
- Champion a culture of customer service and continuous improvement in global GFD. Ensure that opportunities for controls, process and service improvements are encouraged.
- Take accountability for promoting standardisation across Business with regards to compliance to Group Policy and Methodology
- Support in various governance projects/streams such as Operational Risk Management Framework, Consistent Control projects, etc.
- Ensure compliance with applicable policies globally across GFD.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert to ensure that all policies are interpreted and implemented as per Group guidelines.
- Perform continuous governance and oversight and update Finance Leadership.
Relationship management and leadership -
- Build strong working relationships with the onshore CCO Teams, Operational Risk team and process owners in various BUs.
- Attend forums and meetings to review progress on various operational risk governance matters Senior Management and Stakeholders.
- Work with the global GFD teams and any other Project team to integrate new activities into the Controls environment.
- Focus on developing, implementing and sharing best practices and building synergies.
What we're looking for:
- Technical Skills and Knowledge on controls and finance
- Ability to communicate internal control concepts clearly, in a business context
- Strong project and change management skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Drive for Results
- Solution oriented approach
- Influencing skills / negotiation skills
- Proficient in use of MS Office packages (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power-point)
- A comprehensive knowledge, and practical experience, of the main operational processes within the business and a good understanding of the procedures and control framework.