Direct Recruiter at Barclays
Views:2214 Applications:112 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Barclays - AVP - Governance & Control (6-9 yrs)
Operational Risk management supports implementation of ORM / BCF though compliance of related Policy & Standard for entire of GFD - Issue Management, Risk Event and Dispensation Waiver and Breach (DWB); Compliance to the EUDA Policy including managing the EUDA Inventory for entire GFD, imparting training to EUDA Primary users and Owners and liaison with Cyber Security (IRM) contacts; compilation of Business list of Records/ Information Asset Register (BLOR/ IAR) for Finance and Tax; support Compilation of annual RCSA for Operational Risk and FRR; quarterly attestation of Risk events for Finance;
What will you be doing?
Control Environment :
- Develop and maintain overall Control Framework
- Manage governance and oversight over RCA refresh, EUDAs, Records Management, Financial Crime, Risk Events, Issues Management, etc.
- Drive a culture of Risk and Governance in CCO, Noida through Risk Campaign, and other activities.
- Prepare reports and MI for India Finance Forum
- Provide expertise on ERMF, BCF, RCSA, EUDA, Financial Crime
- Influencing / convincing the Senior Management / stakeholders on various governance and oversight matters of operational risk
- Champion a culture of customer service and continuous improvement in global GFD. Ensure that opportunities for controls, process and service improvements are encouraged.
- Take accountability for promoting standardisation across Business with regards to compliance to Group Policy and Methodology
- Support in various governance projects/streams such as Operational Risk Management Framework, Consistent Control projects, etc.
- Ensure compliance with applicable policies globally across GFD.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert to ensure that all policies are interpreted and implemented as per Group guidelines.
- Perform continuous governance and oversight and update Finance Leadership.
Relationship management and leadership -
- Build strong working relationships with the onshore CCO Teams, Operational Risk team and process owners in various BUs.
- Attend forums and meetings to review progress on various operational risk governance matters Senior Management and Stakeholders.
- Work with the global GFD teams and any other Project team to integrate new activities into the Controls environment.
- Focus on developing, implementing and sharing best practices and building synergies.
What we're looking for:
- Technical Skills and Knowledge on controls and finance
- Ability to communicate internal control concepts clearly, in a business context
- Strong project and change management skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Drive for Results
- Solution oriented approach
- Influencing skills / negotiation skills
- Proficient in use of MS Office packages (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power-point)
- A comprehensive knowledge, and practical experience, of the main operational processes within the business and a good understanding of the procedures and control framework.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.