Deputy Manager (HR) at Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd.
Views:2790 Applications:428 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:427
Balmer Lawrie - Vice President - Travel Business (20-30 yrs)
Vice President - Travel
- Balmer Lawrie is a Mini Ratna I Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas. The Company operates in various business segments through Strategic Business Units [SBUs] and Joint Venture Companies [JVCs]. You can visit the Company's website http://www.balmerlawrie.com/ for further details about the Company.
- The company is looking for qualified and experienced professionals to man the role of Vice President [Travel] for the Company. It is in the Grade of E7 in the Pay Scale of Rs.100000 260000.
The Position Profile is as follows :
Maximum Age : 48 years as on 06.08.2020
Minimum Qualification : Full time regular Degree in Engineering
2-year full time regular Post Graduate Degree / Diploma - in Management / MBA
Full time regular Post Graduation in Travel & Tourism with IATA/UFTAA certification (Minimum 2 years duration) (excluding part time / correspondence / distance learning)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management should be certified as equivalent to Post Graduate Degree by AIU valid for the year when the PG Diploma has been completed.)
Minimum Experience (Years) : 20 years as on 06.08.2020
(Candidates with 17 years- experience may also apply in which case they will be considered for appointment in lower grade E6)
Indicative Job Description :
The Incumbent shall be responsible for:
1. Leading a large team of over 200+ professionals, spread across the country, in achieving top-line and bottom-line for the Company's Corporate Ticketing.
2. Leverage Industry / Trade relationship with diverse stakeholders, viz. Airlines, GDSs etc to achieve budget of the business vertical.
3. Drive and implement technology upgradation plans, with focus on enhancement of customer experience, process control and cost optimization. Needs to actively contribute to adoption of new technology to improve service delivery and customer satisfaction in both B2B and B2C spaces.
4. Lead the process of strategy implementation for aggressive yet sustainable growth in B2B / B2C Travel. Drive the brand development initiates at branch levels.
5. To lead multifaceted change & transformation in the organisation involving and impacting process, people and culture to develop the vertical into the largest corporate travel service provider in Country.
6. Develop a revenue / contribution centric culture in the Company which can be leveraged for cross selling of the SBU's Holiday Products.
7. Lead the vertical to an exponential growth journey:
Through effective cost and working capital management
Through increasing revenue from B2B business with focus on large corporate houses
Through Branch specific monitoring of performance and implementation of corrective action plans
Through introduction/ launch of new/ value added products/ services
The above role is indicative not exhaustive.
The ideal incumbent would be one with:
1. Proven track record of managing P&L of ticketing operations with Gross Ticketing Value of over 300 Crores, with multilocation span of control.
2. Proven track record in managing large multilocational Key Accounts (Corporate Clientele)
3. A vision and passion to excel, should be able to galvanize a homegrown team into delivering customer delight
Relationships across the critical stakeholder viz. Airlines, GDSs, deep of B2B travel management/ consumer expectations and behaviours, critical service delivery processes including customer servicing through CRM initiatives, call centre support etc.
Note: The above list is indicative only and not exhaustive
Basic Scale : Rs. 100000 260000
Initial Basic Pay: Rs. 100000
CTC at the beginning of the scale (Rs / lakhs per annum): Rs. 31 Lakhs per annum
Net Take Home: Rs. 138582
Basic Scale: Rs. 90000 240000
Initial Basic Pay: Rs. 90000
CTC at the beginning of the scale (Rs / lakhs per annum): Rs. 27 Lakhs per annum
Net Take Home: Rs. 124774
- CTC shall include Basic Pay, DA, HRA, Other Perks & Allowances, Performance Related Pay, encashment of earned leaves, work related benefits and Retiral benefits as applicable in the grade as per rules of the Company. (Post-Retirement Medical Coverage Scheme is applicable to candidates who are 50 years of age or below as on date on which they come on the regular rolls of the Company.
- However, this condition shall not be applicable in case of candidates who join after resigning from any CPSE, provided the total of past service in the CPSE and future service in the company till the date of normal retirement is 10 years or more). All the benefits will be governed by the policy of the Company in force and as amended from time to time.
- Candidates employed with Government Departments/ CPSUs / Autonomous Bodies should to apply through proper channel, obtaining necessary NOC which is required to be submitted at the time of the interview. In the absence of NOC, no benefit related to continuity of service and/ or Pay Protection shall be admissible to an applicant who is presently serving Government Departments/ CPSUs / Autonomous Bodies.
Reservation/ Relaxations SC, ST, OBC (non-creamy layer) & Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) will be as per Govt. Guidelines.
The initial place of posting may be Delhi. However, candidates may be placed at any of the locations in India or abroad where the Company or its Joint Ventures has its operations and the decision on the matter shall be made at the time of joining at the sole discretion of the Company depending on the exigencies of work.
HOW TO APPLY :
Online submission of application is permitted on the website http://www.balmerlawrie.com/pages/currentopening till 2359 hours on 06.08.2020. Detailed advertisement is also available on the above page.
Please register yourself using the link :
After creation of your profile, please apply against the appropriate job by going into the Employment Opportunities tab.