Head Of Talent Acquisition at Backbase
Views:497 Applications:127 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:122
Backbase - General Manager - Development Center (12-20 yrs)
General Manager - Backbase India
Looking for a journey instead of a job? Meet Backbase. We are pioneers. We see opportunities and take the leap. Having the guts to push limits and break barriers to make things happen. We learn and reinvent ourselves for maximum impact, never giving up. We are creators, with a customer centric mindset that love what they do and bring fun to any challenge. Together we kick ass, have fun and feel proud when our vision is delivered. Next day - we wake up, and raise the bar a little higher. Are you ready?
General Manager (GM) Backbase Development Center (BDC)
As the General Manager of our BDC in Hyderabad you will be the leader of the Backbase development center. You will lead the steep growth of this centre in a hands-on manner into the next phase. Your teams will service RnD (product development) as well our Customer Success organisation in the various hubs across the globe. You are responsible for developing software, delivering projects and managing your supporting partners. It goes without saying that you will develop a vibrant digital culture, which attracts new talent and retains the existing team. You will report into the EVP Customer Success.
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
Scaling - You will lead the scaling of our BDC and become a top 5 employer in the region.
Scope - Accountable for teams that support product development as well as teams that work under contract (build & run) for releasing customer projects.
Culture - Accountable for the culture in the Centre. You make people proud, thrive a performance culture and install learning on the job. People can grow and performing above the bar becomes the new standard. Accountable for employee happiness.
Application Lifecycle Management - Drive various ALM contracts in a compliant way. Improve/optimise team structure and quality for best customer experience.
Craftsmanship - You drive Craftsmanship and professionalism. Continuous development of the teams. People become and stay best in class in their specialism.
Compliance - You are accountable for a compliant organisation. Report (internally and externally) on progress and improvements. Flawless security policy & execution.
Alignment - Create an internal network to understand what the ask from the company is. You stay connected with your peers across the company. You align plans and reach out to your peers to strategise, plan and de-escalate.
Negotiations - You have experience in contracting individuals as well as large teams with partners. You know what it takes to negotiate in multiple rounds to secure a good quality outcome.
Hybrid working - Under general Backbase guidelines you are accountable for setting local policies around hybrid working (create bottom-up). Including communicating and execution. You make a balanced decision between culture, performance, development and employee happiness. Accountable for the office that matches this way of working.
How about you?
- As it comes to building the center you already have experience in building a company in hyper-growth mode:
- You are a strong business leader with 8-12 year of experience;
- You have solid experience in growing teams in fast growing organisations. You know what it takes to run multiple projects (full life cycle) at the same time. You can create order and a hierarchy of important decisions in a complex environment;
- You express a clear vision around software development, project management and follow up with execution in a hands-on manner;
- You have technical background;
- You have experience in managing teams in a high growth environment;
- You are very pragmatic and can work with a hands-on mentality, in a complex environment. That, combined with the ability to deal with a high volume of change (multiple projects, multiple deadlines) while also managing stakeholders;
- You know what it takes to lead, inspire and motivate a team and make them true heroes. Engaging, inspiring and convincing;
- You are excellent at stakeholder management both internal as well as external;
- You have a good structure of reporting, in order to learn and improve.