Recruitment Manager at Axis Group International
Views:1150 Applications:242 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:233
Axis Group International - Senior Procurement Engineer (8-12 yrs)
Job Description :
- Axis Group provides market access solutions. We offer comprehensive global procurement & supply solutions that drive down cost, assure quality, expedite schedules and mitigate risk.
- We have flexible positioning to cater for different situations and needs we can be your supplier, global procurement services partner, capital project procurement solution or a professional resourcing partner. Throughout our interventions, we help clients reduce cost, meet quality standards and timelines, mitigate risk and augment their procurement teams.
- In delivering solutions our people employ strategic thinking, innovative methodologies and ethical frameworks to create results and impact.
This position will be joining us in our Procurement and Supply Business Unit. For more details about us,please visit our website at https://axisgroupinternational.com/
The role has a dual focus on :
- Procurement & supply operations in India and Best Cost Countries (BCCs) as the primary focus
- Technical support to ongoing global procurement engagements (as and when required)
- Clearly understand requirements, procurement scope of work, risks associated and crucial details. Essential to be able to figure out gaps between customer and suppliers understanding and associated risks
- Manage end to end sourcing and on-going transaction support in technical projects (including QA/QC, plant visits, audits, production supervision, quality supervision, packaging supervision, etc.) to ensure quality deliverables on schedule and high customer service level
- In technical support, responsibilities include:
- Assist in specifications development when not available
- Technical clarification and coordination between the client and the supplier
- Review drawings and detailed specs
- Plant audit and product inspection (where required)
- Prepare procedures, methodologies, SOPs, best practices, guides for various tasks and reports
- Supplier relationship management
- Internal and external project updates (as and when required) and ensure relevant parties are informed of status
- In procurement and supply operations, responsibilities include:
- Market study and analysis, product details/specs development and clarification
- Scan market and identify potential supply base in India and other BCC countries and engage with potential suppliers. Analyse suppliers for capacity, capability, risks and ensure comprehensive due diligence and risk mitigation in supply.
- Facilitate enquiries, quotation, tenders with shortlisted potential supplier base. Motivate and encourage suppliers to offer proposals and clarify any queries.
- Evaluate offer/proposal holistically including but not limited to technical, commercial, supply risk, and other relevant factors and summarise the result.
- Sample arrangement
- Logistics coordination, when required
- Other ad hoc tasks as and when required
- Mechanical / Mining / Chemical / Procurement / Production / Industrial Engineering degree from NITs or similar reputed engineering colleges
- 8-12 years of hardcore industry experience in EPC/EPCM, heavy manufacturing, mining, metal, chemical, construction, or similar heavy industry sector. Years of experience can be relaxed for candidates demonstrating exceptional overall learning in the industry sector.
- Strong hands-on exposure to global sourcing, global procurement, QA/QC, in heavy manufacturing, fabrication, maintenance, mining, metal, chemical, construction or similar heavy industry sector is mandatory.
- Strong project management skills will be a bonus
- Ability to organize and present facts and arguments in a persuasive and convincing manner
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English is must with multi-culture offices and team work ethic.
- Knowledge of some other Indian languages (verbal) such as Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi or Tamil and any popular foreign language will be an asset.
- Professionalism, good ethics, honesty and integrity
- Fast-learner, energetic, proactive, highly motivated and self-driven
- Must be able to work with little supervision and some percentage of ambiguity with associated risks managed
- Ability to handle pressure and work with tight deadlines
- Ability and willingness to travel in short notice