Recruitment Manager at Axis Group International
Views:463 Applications:102 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:100
Axis Group International - Engineer - Sourcing & Procurement (6-10 yrs)
Axis Group provides market access solutions. We offer comprehensive global procurement & supply solutions that drive down cost, assure quality, expedite schedules and mitigate risk. We have flexible positioning to cater for different situations and needs - we can be your supplier, global procurement services partner, capital project procurement solution or a professional resourcing partner. Throughout our interventions, we help clients reduce cost, meet quality standards and timelines, mitigate risk and augment their procurement teams.
In delivering solutions our people employ strategic thinking, innovative methodologies and ethical frameworks to create results and impact.
We are currently looking for a bright engineer having a strong technical background and willingness to develop a career in a techno-commercial role. If you have a strong technical background, experience in working with a wide supplier base, basic sourcing and procurement knowledge, understanding of various industrial sectors and industry clusters then we are looking for you. This role offers an excellent accelerated learning opportunity in commercial skills in global sourcing.
- Primary focus of the role is to perform Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) during our end-to-end sourcing and procurement engagements while developing commercial skills.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assist in specifications development when not available from client
- Review drawings and detailed specs and clearly understand requirements, procurement scope of work, risks associated and crucial details. Essential to be able to figure out gaps between customer and supplier's understanding and associated risks
- Summarise the technical scope of work, clarification and coordination between the client and the suppliers
- Manage QA/QC, plant visits, audits, production supervision, product inspection, quality supervision, packaging supervision, etc. to ensure quality deliverables on schedule and high customer service level
- Prepare procedures, methodologies, SOPs, best practices, guides for various tasks and reports
- Internal and external project updates (as and when required) and ensure relevant parties are informed of status
- In additions, the candidate must be willing to develop commercial skills as follows:
- Market study and analysis, product details/specs development and clarification
- Scan market and identify potential supply base in India and other BCC countries and engage with potential suppliers. Analyse suppliers for capacity, capability, risks and ensure comprehensive due diligence and risk mitigation in supply.
- Facilitate enquiries, quotation, tenders with shortlisted potential supplier base. Motivate and encourage suppliers to offer proposals and clarify any queries.
- Evaluate offer/proposal holistically including but not limited to technical, commercial, supply risk, and other relevant factors and summarise the result.
- Sample arrangement
- Logistics coordination, when required
- Other ad hoc tasks as and when required
- Mechanical / Mining / Chemical / Production / Industrial Engineering degree from reputed engineering colleges
- 6-8 years of hardcore QA/QC, quality management, quality inspection experience in EPC/EPCM, heavy manufacturing, mining, metal, fabrication, maintenance, chemical, construction, or similar heavy industry sector. Years of experience can be relaxed for candidates demonstrating exceptional overall learning in the industry sector.
- Fast learner and willing to develop career in a techno-commercial role in global sourcing and procurement.
- Preference will be given to hardcore engineer having exposure and experience in sourcing and procurement. Knowledge of wide supplier base, clusters, supplier database will be beneficial.
- Strong project management skills will be a bonus
- Ability to organize and present facts and arguments in a persuasive and convincing manner
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English is must with multi-culture offices and team work ethic.
- Knowledge of some other Indian languages (verbal) such as Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi or Tamil and any popular foreign language will be an asset.
- Professionalism, good ethics, honesty and integrity
- Fast-learner, energetic, proactive, highly motivated and self-driven
- Must be able to work with little supervision and some percentage of ambiguity with associated risks managed
- Ability to handle pressure and work with tight deadlines
- Ability and willingness to travel in short notice