Deputy Manager at Axis Bank
Views:1124 Applications:275 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:44
Axis Bank - Team Member - Law - LLB (3-6 yrs)
About Department :
Under guidance from the General Counsel, and with the support of the Group Heads, the team advice and guide bank's business lines on all aspects related to legal issues/lawsuits, new legal regulations, documentation and contract review for the wholesale and retail operations of the bank.
- Responsibilities include, but not limited to, drafting documents, contracts, memos and emails on legal and regulatory requirements; providing support for the updation and implementation of all policies and procedures related to the bank's legal responsibilities to minimize the bank's exposure to financial loss.
About the Role :
- Provide proactive legal advice and counsel to all areas of the banking business lines;
- Advice on all litigation or other related matters in a professional manner to minimize all monetary, reputational, or contractual aspects for the Bank;
- Draft and/or vet loan documents, service level agreements, software agreements, lease/premise agreements and all other agreements, documents and contracts that the Bank may enter with customers and third parties;
- Effectively interpret all aspects related to the implementation of banking laws and regulations;
- Provide legal analysis, opinions and recommendations regarding matters related to retail banking business lines;
Key Responsibilities :
1. Provide support and guidance to branches on the legal questions on matters relating to credit, retail, wholesale, default, foreclosure, collections, premises, outsourcing contracts, software contracts and other questions relating to the banking, as may be referred by the branches.
2. Providing legal opinions under various laws, rules and regulations touching the bank's business matters, including the Banking Laws, RBI Regulations, FEMA, Companies Law, Business Laws, Criminal Laws, Civil Laws etc., whereby the transactions are done compliant to the rules and regulations.
3. Handling credit documentation related matters and advice the branches and other offices of the Bank in various documentation related issues and drafting the necessary documents, wherever standard ones are not available, in accordance with the business requirements.
4. Drafting of non-standard documentation on case-to-case basis and examination of standard documentation for modifications being suggested by clients.
5. Manage serious and complex litigation and serving as a liaison to outside counsel litigating the matter.
6. Serve as the primary legal support for branches, business units and other offices of the Bank and providing advice and guidance in regard to day to day matters such as account documentation, cheque processing and wrongful payment issues and other operational issues related to the banking, as may be referred by the branches.
7. Advice on legal issues relating to new product features and all marketing efforts related to promotion of these products and also assist in developing policies and procedures compliant with applicable state and central laws.
8. Review and advise on vendor contracts the related to bank's business operations.
9. Serve as primary legal support for marketing, in the review of vendor agreements and working with outside counsel in the case of celebrity and sports team endorsement agreements.
10. Advising on premises related matters and Drafting and vetting of the Lease, Leave and License agreements, Memorandum of Understanding, ATM Agreements etc. Drafting deeds, agreements, bonds, notices etc.
11. Monitor and update business as well as operation units of the bank on legal environment (e.g. changes in state or central laws, rules and regulations, court decisions, etc.) to ensure awareness of actual and pending changes in each area of legal responsibility and communicate information internally as appropriate
12. Retain and serve as a liaison to and monitor the performance of outside counsel in order to contain costs.
13. Perform other responsibilities as assigned by General Counsel and/or group heads.
Optimal qualification for success on the job is: Legal Graduate with Banking background.
For successful execution of the job, a candidate should possess the following:
- Good communication (both verbal & written) and inter-personal skills
- Strong Excel and database manipulation skills, financial and statistical analysis skills)
- Ability to manage risk and uncertainty for self and team within a dynamic priority-setting environment
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as a part of team and contribute towards team goals
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
About Axis :
Incorporated in 1994, Axis Bank is one of India's most trusted banks & the third largest in the private sector. At Axis Bank, customer centricity has always been the foundation of our business. Our efforts to address the requirements of a diverse customer cross-section are powered by robust infrastructure, advanced technology, a comprehensive monitoring & control framework & a large talent pool.
The Bank has a young & engaged workforce of over 70,000 employees, with an average age of 30 years. We are an equal opportunity employer & believe in empowering our employees by offering rich roles, learning opportunities & flexibility to chart their career, their way.