Deputy Manager at Axis Bank
Views:384 Applications:89 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Axis Bank - Lawyer - Credit Team (7-14 yrs)
Primary Responsibilities :
1. Handling credit documentation related matters and advice the branches and other offices of the Bank in various documentation related issues and drafting the necessary documents, wherever standard ones are not available, in accordance with the business requirements.
2. Drafting of non-standard documentation on case-to-case basis and examination of standard documentation for modifications being suggested by clients.
3. Retain and serve as a liaison to and monitor the performance of outside counsel in order to contain costs.
4. Perform other responsibilities as assigned by General Counsel and/or group heads.
5. Monitor and update business as well as operation units of the bank on legal environment (e.g. changes in state or central laws, rules and regulations, court decisions, etc.) to ensure awareness of actual and pending changes in each area of legal responsibility and communicate information internally as appropriate
Additional Operational Responsibilities :
1. Provide support and guidance to branches on the legal questions on matters relating to credit, default, outsourcing contracts, and other questions relating to the banking, as may be referred by the branches / departments.
2. Providing legal opinions under various laws, rules and regulations touching the bank's business matters, including the Banking Laws, RBI Regulations, FEMA, Companies Law, Business Laws, Criminal Laws, Civil Laws etc., whereby the transactions are done compliant to the rules and regulations.
3. Advice on legal issues relating to new product features and all marketing efforts related to promotion of these products and also assist in developing policies and procedures compliant with applicable state and central laws.
4. Review and advise on vendor contract the related to bank's business operations.
5. Serve as primary legal support for marketing, in the review of vendor agreements and working with outside counsel in the case of celebrity and sports team endorsement agreements.