Senior Recruiter at AXA XL
Views:1416 Applications:320 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:133
AXA XL - Manager - Financial Planning & Analysis (8-12 yrs)
Management Reporting and Accounting function in India primarily supports the reporting & analysis function of Insurance & Reinsurance financial business. This profile involves taking ownership of the budgeting and forecasting from a legal entity perspective. It includes collaboration and managing multiple stakeholders across different geographical locations.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Manage, maintain and own the extensive MS Excel based IGR models to calculate Internal Group Re-Insurance which is integral to report P&L items at legal entity level
- Review the IGR calculation for Insurance and Reinsurance in Anaplan to make sure it's consistent with how the Actuals are being calculated.
- Manage end to end legal entities forecasting and planning process (P&L) with high level guidance from stakeholders using internal group re-insurance arrangements in IGR models for the legal entity Controllers to review and sign-off after each planning iteration
- Coordinate with other teams (Insurance/Re-Insurance Planning Teams) to validate and adjust the plan/ forecast numbers for internal reinsurance before loading into general ledger
- Manage the journal uploads (Investments, Interest Expense, Affiliate income, etc.) into Hyperion prepared by planners including planners- sign-offs
- Research on questions/queries raised by segment planners
- Projects and adhoc requests
- Provide detailed & in depth analysis (like Budget variance & ratio analysis etc.) of financial results and various heads profit & loss account by region, business segment, country & legal entity.
- Design/develop of New Business Analytics to support decision making.
- Lead the production and maintenance of appropriate supporting documentation (in respect of the process, systems and controls) and review of the Management Information reports and planning reports.
- Create and implement proper controls and quality checks for deliverables and share with stakeholders
- Maintain strong communication with onshore team (both written and verbal) and manage expectations.
- Ability to extract, analyze and interpret large and complex data from multiple systems and tools
- Ability to think through the impact on the process of any change applied
- Drive process automation and standardization of various reports/workings
We- re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- MBA (Finance) with 10-14 years and CA with 8-12 years of post-qualification experience in an organization of repute with strong Finance Planning & Analysis background
- INSURANCE BACKGROUND IS A MUST
- Strong functional skills backed with analytical skills, problem solving skills and people management skills.
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, VBA, SQL and MS Access [Desirable skills in MS Access],
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills to work effectively with internal/external teams across the globe.
- Good analytical skills and attention to details
- Good team player and ability to work independently
- Exhibit pro-activeness and ownership of tasks assigned, with ability to work under limited supervision
- Strong customer-focus and results orientation