Senior Manager at Edge Search
Views:591 Applications:132 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:35
AVP/VP - Trader - Agri Business (6-14 yrs)
JOB DESCRIPTION - Agricultural Commodities - Agri Commodities - Agro Commodities
We are looking for a knowledgeable, experienced and self-driven individual who is confident and capable towards deliver & attainment of the common organizational goals and seek long term wealth creation.
As a - Senior Trader of Agri business, the candidate will be responsible for introducing, establishing and managing all aspects of Agri business in the company, encompassing a 360-degree Supply Chain gamut around the said trade & industry.
- The candidate should be highly ethical and strongly desires to establish and scale up the entire business.
- Team Player with an entrepreneurial predisposition and strong interpersonal skills.
- Intellectually strong with high levels of energy
- The person should be dynamic to be able to figure out and implement the best practices and systems for a rapidly scaling business on a going forward basis.
MACRO LEVEL FUNCTIONAL SKILLS:
- Experienced in running a sizeable trading portfolio at a large & reputed organization (MNC/Indian)
- Can device Trade-strategies for an exponential growth plan.
- Equally strong in Proprietary, Merchant and Structured Trade.
- Manage Business Development, essentially handling Procurement and Sales across India and overseas locations
- Running and overseeing the total Agri book, in terms of procurement, allocation, sales, warehousing, etc.
- Driving profitability of the business with high level of risk-optimization.
- Building a steady sales and distribution network with producers, processors, consumers, traders and other market participants, across the entire value chain, throughout the country and cross-geographies.
CRITICAL & KEY SKILLSET:
- Understanding of imports and exports in terms of exposures in international markets.
- Strong understanding of the physical and futures markets in India and overseas.
- Strong relationships and network with the leading sources and counterparties across the entire value chain in India and overseas.
- Manage and expand relationships in the value chain across the country and overseas market
- Ideal candidate should have knowledge of RISK Mitigation, HEDGING Techniques (Commodity & Forex), Commodity Exchange related activities (including physical delivery handing).
- Sharp negotiation experience in handling and finalizing Buy / Sell transactions.
- Target commodities: Grains (Cereals, Lentils & Legumes) like Rice, Wheat, Pulses, etc.; Cotton, Sugar, Soyabean, Palm Oil, Coffee/Cocoa, Spices, Dry Fruits.
- Knowledge of Contract Management.
- Should have hands on experience in Custom Rules/ Shipping Rules, Country wise Import-Export Duties, etc.
- Hands-on knowledge of Documentation & Operations.
PREFERABLE ADDITIONAL SKILLSET:
- Additional Knowledge of Arbitration, ALGO Trading and HFT [High Frequency (Commodity) Trading] at exchanges.
- Technical Technical analysis of Agro Commodity with the help of Technical Software (if any).
- Good working knowledge of Trading using Bloomberg or any similar proprietary &/or open source/ platform like NCDEX, CBOT, NYMEX, etc.
- Analysis of Commodity market by applying various Fundamental, Analytical &/or Technical Tools.
- Updating on the FII Activities.
- Analyzing and monitoring various economic factors affecting the industry & markets.
- Postgraduate and/ or MBA or equal qualification from premium university and/or Business schools with a proven track record,
- Preference will be given to candidates who done education in agriculture studies.
- Practical Computer Proficiency of the best in latest times.
LOCATION: New Delhi, Ahmedabad &/or Mumbai
WHAT'S ON OFFER
- Entrepreneurial Platform to establish and grow with one of the fastest growing and expanding, Singapore head quartered, Multi Commodity Trading Company.
- Combination of fixed compensation and performance-linked bonuses as per market standards along with highly potential long-term wealth creation opportunity.