AVP/VP/SVP - Data Sciences - Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence & Big Data - PhD - US Bank (12-25 yrs)
Senior positions in Data Sciences, ML/AI & Big Data (PhD) (US Bank)
- US Based Multinational Bank having extensive presence in India is hiring at Assistant VP, VP & Senior VP level in Bangalore.
- PhD candidates with major in Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence, especially those with post PhD experience of over 5-10 years will be given high preference.
- The role of Senior Vice President is based at Bangalore - COE and reports to the SVP / Director leading the team.
- The key requirement for the role is to provides thought leadership on the capability development and research in the area of Big Data, Machine Learning Pattern recognition (Text / Speech Analytics), Social Media, NPS and Survey Analytics to solve key business challenges
Role & Responsibilities :
Business / Department Objectives :
The Data Sciences team is a global capability team which has the mandate to accelerate bank's journey towards being future ready.
The Key objectives are :
- Build strong capabilities in Big Data, Machine Learning, Digital & FinTech to solve key business challenges
- Continuously watch and learn from evolving trends
- Be forward compatible - explore new problem solving methods
Core Responsibilities :
- Lead the capability development across Big Data and Machine Learning to solve problems across banking spectrum
- Develop new Solutions that have high impact on revenue, expense management or customer experience
- Thought Leadership: Working with the site leadership and help define the agenda for Next Generation analytics (Big Data and machine learning)
- Developing Strong capabilities in Big Data, Machine Learning and Pattern mining - Build solutions that improve customer targeting- like personalized offers (Recommender systems), Deep Learning, Text Analytics, Pricing / Product optimization, Journey mapping, Customer Acquisitions - Digital / Clickstream based real time offers and Channel management
Consulting : Advise businesses on new ways to solve business problems, inform them of industry practices that can improve business metrics
- Lead Research on new techniques, focus on publications and patents for the entire site
Day-to-Day Responsibilities :
- Collaborate with the modeling leads across teams and business heads to understand the challenges and innovatively come up with solutions to meet their requirements
- Provide technical leadership and subject matter expertise on machine learning, text analytics and big data
POC Execution :
- Work on multiple project / unstructured problems businesses are facing across markets, look at providing solutions that go beyond traditional methods - Using advanced technologies and new data sources.
Research and Development :
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in the analytic space across industries for potential uses. Invest time in researching the applicability of such solutions within Bank
- Liaison with the Infrastructure and platforms team to define the tools and platforms required by the center for next generation analytics
Individual Contributor (IC) / Managerial - Individual / Small Team
Key Deliverables :
- Signification exposure and proven ability in Deep learning, Natural Language processing and Understanding (NLP / NLU), Large Scale Machine Learning, Distributed systems for Machine learning
- Experienced in developing and deploying solutions in the space of machine learning in real-time platforms
- Proven problem solving skills in industrial settings - Ability to convert open ended business problems into analytical problems and developing solutions for them
- Competent programming aptitude with excellent computation and data mining skills - Competence in R, Python, SAS, SPSS, Java and Spark / Scala
Experience in :
- Big Data / Hadoop
- Text Analytics - Ability to synthesize unstructured data and find actionable themes / insights
- Pattern Mining / Detection
- Machine Learning Classification Algorithms
- Deep Learning and Neural Networks
- Ability to translate and articulate technical thoughts and ideas to a larger audience including influencing skills with peers and senior management
- Self-motivated to continuously upgrade one's domain knowledge, keep abreast of latest developments in the field and evaluate its application in the business area on a consistent basis
- PH.D in Computer Science or Engineering with Machine Learning / Text Speech Analytics with 10+ Years of experience (Including post doc experience)
- Strong academic record and publications in reputed journals or conferences
- 12-15 years of experience in the field of advanced quantitative techniques, data sciences and large scale machine learning while working for leading global academic institutes or corporate innovation research labs or analytics organizations of large corporates / consulting firms.
- Signification exposure and proven ability in Deep learning, Natural Language processing and Understanding (NLP / NLU), Large Scale Machine Learning, Distributed systems for Machine learning.
- Strong Problem Solving, business development and Consulting
Expertise Required :
- Big Data / HADOOP - HIVE / PIG, Java and Spark / Scala
- Text Analytics - Ability to synthesize unstructured data and find actionable themes / insights - exposure to SPSS / Python / R Pattern Mining / Detection
- Exposure to Machine Learning Algorithms
Field of Research - Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Econometrics, Management Science & related fields
Application of machine learning in research
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.