Senior Consultant at TD Newton & Associates
Views:547 Applications:115 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
AVP/VP - Product Control - Global Banking Captive (8-18 yrs)
- Develop and maintain appropriate policies and procedures which ensure the accounting, management and financial reporting integrity of the trading desks balance sheet and P&L.
- Develop and execute appropriate procedures for Balance Sheet Reconciliation and Substantiation.
- Balance Sheet Substantiation includes multiple processes including reconciliation (at a transactional or at a balance level) of the account, a process of review of the reconciliation and any pertinent supporting documentation and a formal certification (sign-off) of the account in a predetermined form driven by corporate policy.
- Independently assess the valuation and associated uncertainty of assets and liabilities within business, specifically continuing the evolution and ensuring the integrity of the IPV and Fair Value reserving processes.
- Design, develop and evolve the methodologies to optimize the Prudential Valuation and stress Prudential Valuation framework. Ensure a robust PVA framework.
- Review the work for junior members of the team & ensuring the team follows robust controls and governance framework.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from team members and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives
- Provide thought leadership and take accountability from Bangalore on different initiatives spanning - Technology (SABRE, Aspire, Razor, Stride), Regulatory (IBOR, ViR ).