Managing Director at Search Light Consulting
Views:10502 Applications:927 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:42
AVP/VP - Industrial & Employee Relations - Manufacturing (8-18 yrs)
The role will set in motion and advance numerous programs that develop and nurture a positive work environment. This position requires an individual who has significant employee and labor relations experience, deep subject matter knowledge, and strong communication and interpersonal skills. The individual must be able to work successfully and independently on a broad spectrum of employee and labor relations issues and projects.
The individual will be responsible for the following types of proactive work :
- Independently own large scale, network-wide projects that improve the associate experience at a site and network level
- Partner and influence senior leaders when necessary to ensure a positive associate experience
- Partner with senior leaders and HR teams to create and sustain positive employee relations programs and best practices
- Design and conduct employee relations trainings and communications
- Design, collect, and analyze multiple levels of employee feedback
- Conduct and oversee employee relations vulnerability assessment programs
- Partner to engage in continuous improvement in communication vehicles and practices
- Analyze, diagnose, design, and revise people programs, policies, and practices to sustain positive employee relations
- The individual also will work reactively on critical employee relations issues that are crisis-oriented and typically can only be successfully completed with limited time. Time management
Desired Candidate Profile :
Basic Qualifications :
- MBA HR from a top school like XLRI, TISS, etc with about 8+ years HR / IR experience, preferably with some years in the manufacturing/supply chain area.
- In-depth understanding of employment law and employee relations legislation across states and at National level
- Ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and self-initiative
- Excellent written, verbal communication, interpersonal skills; high-quality document and report preparation
- Have some years of relevant HR/ER experience with HR/Legal background, ideally within a high volume, fast-paced and customer-focused environment
- Will be involved in designing disruptive labor models
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience of working with Govt bodies and Labor Officers influencing feedback and policy change across local and national level
- The role requires travel, as appropriate
- Exposure to multi-state and international employment laws.
Interested candidates can call us @ 040-40101210/11.