Lead Recruitment Consultant at Elements Manpower Solutions
Views:3578 Applications:84 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:18
AVP/Vice President - Product Control - Investment Bank (6-12 yrs)
Job Title : AVP/ Vice President
Location : Chennai
The responsibility by Line PC Teams for completeness and accuracy of the books and records comprises of:
- P&L and B/S substantiation and reporting (including P&L explain / attribution, reconciliations, P&L commentaries, adherence to accounting principles, etc.).
- Monitoring trading activity for compliance with various related policies.
- Providing management with technical and operational analysis of the business unit.
- Regular interaction with FO business, Financial Control, Technical Accounting Group, PC Change Management, Technology and other infrastructure areas.
What will you be doing?
Responsible for the line product control of an asset class, managing the line PC team to fulfil responsibilities below:
- Review daily P&L, including understanding risk positions and market moves for P&L explanation, and review of flash vs formal differences.
- Engage in detailed discussion with traders and risk managers on risk positions and P&L.
- Ensure that the team's KPI and SLA are met.
- Attend to ad hoc queries from the traders and other infrastructure partners relating to trading revenue and Balance Sheet.
Weekly / Monthly Responsibilities
- Review key weekly & monthly MIS to senior management.
- Gain in-depth understanding of provisioning and price testing controls and processes, and review the month end working.
- Engage in detailed discussion with traders, risk managers and Independent Valuation Control team on the results. Liaise with valuation expert on modelling appropriateness and other technical/booking issues.
- Perform detailed review of month end adjustments, and Balance Sheet substantiation
- Ensure the maintenance of a strong internal control environment. Monitor control reports to ensure accuracy of data for P&L, validation and downstream processes.
- Raise the team's level of control awareness. Lead by example and engender a strong control culture.
- Ensure clean audit results from internal and external reviews. Be the owner of key stroke documentations for key PC processes, risk assessment and SOX documentation.
Projects and Continuous Improvements
- Identify and drive process re-engineering and constantly challenge status quo for control improvement and process efficiency.
- Motivate and empower the team to deliver continuous improvements.
- Ensure adherence to daily schedule and service level agreements (SLAs).
- Ensure process compliance as per the regulatory guidelines and audit requirements.
- Oversee the preparation of basic financial analysis, impairment analysis, financial reports, financial planning and financial statements analysis.
- Review and analyse complex financial reports and financial statements analysis and present the same to the management.
- Establish innovative systems and procedures for handling data & reports and continuously improvise on them.
- Identify process improvement opportunities.
- Understand customer needs and provide innovative solutions.
- Manage and monitor quality for the business area.
- Respond to and resolve issues arising out of interactions with clients.
- Ensure open communication and address issues/ concerns raised.
What we're looking for:
- Qualified accountant / CIMA
- CFA / Masters in Finance / Financial Engineering would be an advantage
- In-depth knowledge of Financial product and markets of the relevant asset class
- Good understanding of end-to-end processes of an IB and associated controls
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both formal and informal settings & ability to interact with the region and London as part of a global team (written and verbal)
- Excellent time management skills and able to prioritise
- Strong control awareness
- Confident and assertive manner
- Ability to work independently with a spectrum of people from junior finance staff to front office business heads.
- Proactive and change focused with problem solving ability.
- Mature and able to negotiate through difficult situations
- Ability to drive the team's agenda in large forums spread across various locations.
- Good influencing and negotiation skills and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Displays enthusiasm, initiative and diligence.
- Opportunity to be groomed to be future leaders, where there will be expended remit for future growth.
- Works well in a team with high standards for team work
- Judgment - Balances short-term & long term goals, manages ambiguity well, is an astute risk taker, can see things in new and innovative ways and understands the business.
- Influence - Adept at influencing and aligning colleagues to make things happen, builds trusting and collaborative relationships, knows self deeply and creates teams to complement own strengths.
- Execution - Turns strategy into results, measures, manages and delivers performance, always delivers on promises. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to be creative and to - think outside the box- .
- Drive - Passionate about making a difference, relentlessly seeks out and overcomes major challenges, has real drive and determination, continuously raises the bar and is emotionally resilient. Proven track record in delivering to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent Communication & Presentation - Excellent people-management and relationship-building skills with ability to operate at most senior levels.
- Process improvement - drives through change and process re-engineering by continuously leaning and streamline processes.
Skills that will help you in the role:
Ability to speak /write English fluently
Personal attributes essential to performing role: e.g. essential/desirable skills, competencies, expertise, knowledge, and experience. Note: experience requirements must not be in the form of years (minimum or otherwise).
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.