Business Leader at Xpert Conexions
Views:5801 Applications:273 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:71
AVP/Vice President - Legal - Litigation - LLB/LLM (18-25 yrs)
Looking for AVP / Vice President - Legal (Litigation) for leading Group based at Gurgaon
To take primary responsibility for defended, complex and contentious litigation cases, managing these through the litigation process in accordance with the policy & procedures in place.
- Provides guidance and advice to a staff of paralegals or legal assistants involved in prosecuting or defending lawsuits.
- Upon receipt of court documentation, carry out the required action in accordance with court instructions and timescales. This can include preparing and submitting a reply to defence, setting up a payment plan, withdrawing the claim.
- Investigate and gather evidence to prepare and submit a reply to defence, create trial bundles as part of a reply to defence in line with pre-defined layouts coordinating with internal and external parties where required.
- Instruct agents to attend hearings, or where appropriate attend civil court hearings or take part in mediation sessions as a representative of company, to answer questions about the claim, clarify internal procedures, Regulatory and Manufacturing Industry Legislation, and account information.
- Manage and monitor cases through the enforcement process ensuring that all activities are completed in the required timelines and conform to court rules.
- Assist the wider team in completing the checks in accordance with the litigation criteria to select accounts for claim, and review and action accounts awaiting enforcement, selecting the most appropriate route for recovery action based on current criteria, strategy and account information.
- Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- To develop and maintain own significant litigation caseload in courts.
- To produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
- To provide leadership, supervision, direction, and guidance to staff, particularly as they develop and litigate cases.
- To successfully support policy advocacy and community outreach efforts that are strategically and concretely aligned with complex litigation and policy reform.
- To expand strategic relationships that achieve JSPL's mission.
- To meaningfully support and strengthen JSPL's litigation protocols, office policies, office management, social media, communications, and fundraising efforts.
Roles reporting to the position
Team - Legal
- A law graduate (LLB / LLM) from premier institute with minimum 18 years of experience. Minimum of 10 years of experience in a senior-level position in same function, preferably from steel / power / mining business.
- A strong ability to demonstrate significant experience and breadth of knowledge of litigation practices. A paralegal or equivalent qualification would be considered in addition to this.
- Should have an strong understanding of the manufacturing industry, its operational processes and Legislation applicable for steel, power and mining business.