Headhunter at Global Headhunters
Views:3480 Applications:391 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
AVP/Vice President - Investments - Venture Capital Firm (5-9 yrs)
1. Company : A leading Venture Capital firm
2. Location : Mumbai
3. Role : AVP/VP
A. Job Description detailing the role is given below :
Company : Based out of BKC in Mumbai, our client is a Venture Capital firm that specializes in providing non-control, growth capital to well-positioned middle-market food and agribusiness platforms. It is backed by a large industrial house that acts as a co-sponsor.
Role Summary : Role holder will take on varying responsibilities including sourcing and evaluating investment opportunities, conducting due diligence on acquisition targets, developing complex financial models to drive investment and strategic decisions, and negotiating financing and deal closing.
Role & Responsibilities :
Role holder will be expected to evaluate and execute new investments in the food and agribusiness sectors by performing thorough and in-depth quantitative and qualitative analyses, due diligence and underwriting.
a) Deal execution responsibilities include :
- Working directly with the senior team members and gain experience in the pursuit, analysis, and completion of investments
- Developing detailed three statement financial models that include debt capacity, sensitivity analysis, capital structure options, joint-venture structures, etc.
- Drafting investment committee memorandums and internal presentations
- Performing industry, customer and supplier due diligence
- Presenting investment ideas during weekly meetings and other internal meetings.
b) Portfolio operations and monitoring responsibilities include :
- Continuous interaction with portfolio company management, as needed
- Monitoring portfolio company performance and internal reporting
- Supporting senior management team members and the board of directors within partner companies to support strategic initiatives, M&A and corporate development activities.
c) Deal origination responsibilities include :
- Originating new investment ideas and themes.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with industry, trade and professional organizations to enhance visibility of the firm
and its portfolio companies in the marketplace
The ideal candidate has a Masters degree (CA/CFA/MBA) plus 5+ years of advisory and/or investing experience from an agri-focused private equity/credit fund. A significant portion of that experience should be in agri-related sectors/deals.
An ideal candidate will possess :
- A keen interest in investing, capital allocation and the overall food supply chain from field to fork
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to perform company valuations, prepare investment reports, and conduct rigorous diligence and analytical analyses