Co-Founder at HiringHawk.com
Views:172 Applications:29 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
AVP - Underwriting - Life Insurance (10-17 yrs)
The Role :
Responsible for all Underwriting key deliverables such as review and enhancement in underwriting guidelines, analysis of underwriting portfolio, underwriting manpower planning, UW production and floor management and co ordination with other stakeholders like sales, legal, actuary, claims and outside entities like Reinsurance, CMO and vendors .
- Good domain knowledge of underwriting- both medical and financial underwriting. Ability to judge the various financial documents to arrive at proper risk valuations and avoid business leakages.
- Managing daily volumes. Pro actively able to anticipate and put mitigation strategies in place and monitoring of business flow on the shop floor.
- Enhancement in existing underwriting guidelines based on trends so as to deliver better without compromising quality of business and provide effective and competitive guidelines for new products.
- Team Management .Ability to guide the team and groom talents within the team .To have a good communication skills.
- Team Mentoring:. Knowledge sharing so that the skills set of the team members can be improved. Building up of a second support level so that team members get gradual exposure key responsibilities and thus facilitate grooming and a smooth transition to a higher position.
- Abreast about the latest trends in underwriting and the practices followed in the Indian Insurance Market
- Underwriting MIS- understanding the MIS and determining trends. Taking course corrections for cases not within norms. New initiatives for reducing TATs and saving cost.
- Co ordination with other departments/functions for smooth functioning.
- Interaction with the Reinsurers for day to day cases and new products UW guidelines.
- Project management skills
Required Experience :
- 10-15+ years of work experience in the Underwriting function in a Life Insurance Company.
- Good Underwriting domain knowledge - both medical and financial
- A candidate with hands on core underwriting experience either in a direct company or reinsurance.
- Technical qualifications desirable-Licenciate/Associate/Fellowhip/LOMA/ALU