AVP - Trade Support - Investment Banking (13-15 yrs)
- Reconcile the trade bookings (in at-least one asset class) in the trade/risk booking systems with the documents (Confirmation, Pricing Supplement, Term Sheet) & ensure no discrepancies
- Ensure trades are booked in appropriate valuation models (including MC Scripts) and the trade payoffs/ valuation parameters are correctly captured in the booking
- Identify potential PnL breaks/ settlement breaks due to mis-booking, ensure the amendment of mis-booking & report MTM impact of amendments
- Identify, Confirm & Report conservative valuation bookings (overhedges) & approximate bookings for trades
- Work on tasks related to life cycle event of Structured Product, Fixed Income, Equity and Derivatives.
- Perform calculations (Coupon, Maturity) for FICC product's and verify the pay-outs.
- Operational support to Trading Desks/Products including: EMTN, Warrants, FX Warrants, Interest Rate Warrants and Certificates across various programs.
- The role involves liaison with Treasury, internal and external counsel, Issuers, Agents, Clearing Systems and also entails the coordination of several support units ensuring that the business receives a quality one-stop service Identify issues and control gaps in existing infrastructure
- Work with technology team to streamline our processes and enhance data integrity and control
- Accountable for the success of small projects or sections of larger ones
- Responsible for the quality and timeliness of all project deliverables and well as the implementation of relevant project management practices (status reporting, issue tracking etc)
- Day to day responsibility for managing the project with line, technology and other partners
- Manage a team of associates of approx. 25
- Responsible for performance/issues of all the reporting associates
- Strategic thinker and ability to convert firm's long term goals into same who can be creative and innovate.
- Intense work ethic with history of proven strong delivery
- Strong adaptability skills to navigate a large organization to keep the focus on delivering for the business & client whilst minimizing time spent on low value additive activities
- Personal effectiveness: communication, decisiveness, energy & drive, character & works diligently to achieve success
- Strong technical skills to understand the products and business
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge or experience with trading products in capital markets: Knowledge of Equity/Fixed Income, intuitive understanding of derivative Pricing, knowledge of Financial Risk Management
Education: Post Graduation or an equivalent qualification from a renowned college
Certifications If Any : Preferable CFA.
Experience : Minimum of 13 years of experience in Middle office control functions or Finance Control functions for OTC derivative products (Equity\FICC) with a total experience of 12+ years
- Good Understanding of Investment Banking Derivative Products from a Middle Office or Back Office background.
- Strong communication skills across all levels of seniority especially with the Trading desk.
- Proven analytical skills including data reconciliation and interpretation
- Desired skills : Demonstrate good Excel skills (macros, formulas)
Work Timings : 12-9 PM