Senior Client Manager at Mastermind Network
Views:355 Applications:95 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
AVP/Supervisor/Senior Fund Accountant - Private Equity Fund Accounting (3-14 yrs)
Job Title: Assistant Vice President/ Supervisor/ Senior Fund Accountant
About the Role:
Your role will encompass the administration of and any services pursuant to Administration Agreements in respect of a portfolio of Private Equity funds working closely with the Vice President and supervising a small team of accountants.
Job Duties in Brief:
- Responsible for maintaining books and records and calculation of fund Net Asset Values;
- Coordinating and reviewing financial statements and associated reports, including performance metrics for monthly/quarterly reporting;
- Coordinate and review calculations of carried interest/performance/incentive fees;
- Coordinate and review calculations and investor allocations for capital calls, distributions and equalizations;
- Coordinate and review partner capital account statements;
- Coordinate processing of payments and other transactions;
- Supervise junior staff, reviewing and signing off on work performed;
- Acting as a primary day-to-day contact with clients and other fund participants;
- Work closely with the Investor Relations team to respond to investor queries and to disseminate capital activity and other investor notices;
- Maintaining relationships with investors, investment advisors/managers, banks and auditors and other fund participants;
- Assisting auditors and other fund participants and advisers;
- Participating in presentations to existing and prospective clients;
- Monitor compliance of various agreements with clients, including the Service Level Agreement;
- Participating in projects that may be defined from time to time in connection with the continuing expansion and evolution of the business;
- Any other functions required as part of the business of the Company, and reporting to the Vice President.
- Master Degree in Accounting, Finance, any other professional accounting qualification (ie. CA, CPA or ACCA or equivalent)
- Minimum of 3- 12 years- experience in accounting for the financial services sector, particularly Private Equity, Asset Management or Fund Administration.
- Knowledge of IFRS and / or USGAAP
- Experienced in reviewing and preparing general ledger and financial statements.
- Established knowledge in relation to accounting and consolidations under IFRS.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in English (both verbal and written).
- Motivated, bright and diligent individual who is driven to meet deadlines.
- A team player who is able to manage individual responsibilities.
- Supervisory skills with experience in managing and/or leading staff for 3-4 years (AVP only)
- Strong business acumen.
- Good client/ business relationship management
- Sound judgment, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc).
- User experience with enterprise accounting system(s).
- Working knowledge of Investran highly desirable
- Experience in Limited Partnership accounting
- Private equity/real estate fund experience. Exposure to complex fund structure, waterfall computation, preferred return.