Managing Director at Search Light Consulting
Views:8693 Applications:1100 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:51
AVP - Strategic Sourcing/Procurements/Category Management - Marketing Division (10-20 yrs)
AVP Strategic Sourcing /Procurements /Category Management (Marketing & Advertising)
(Female Candidates Prefererd)
Global Category Managers are expert practitioners in creating competitive environments, and have a strong bias for decision-making rooted in data and analytics. They routinely influence C-level vendor relationships by advising senior leaders on innovative sourcing strategies that create sustainable, long term partnerships. They are highly effective communicators, able to articulate the value proposition that procurement can bring to their organizations.
Spend categories under management might include but not limited to: Online and Offline Global Media, Digital Agencies, Creative / Advertising, Production, CRM, Market Research, Direct Marketing, Marketing Print, Marketing Events / PR, Professional Services, HR, IT, Corp Affairs etc.
Primary responsibilities of this role:
- Establishing strong relationships with internal business stakeholders; building a strong understanding of strategic business direction, requirements and priorities across assigned suppliers and/or spend categories.
- Evaluating supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models and bench-marking analysis.
- Managing the fundamentals of sourcing and supplier engagement activities including RFx, spend pattern analysis, contract analysis, bid evaluation, negotiations, and supplier consolidation.
- Working with business and finance leaders to identify and drive savings and controllership improvements, focusing on total cost of ownership.
- Providing guidance to internal stakeholders on procurement strategies; maintaining procurement ethics in accordance with global policies.
- Developing, implementing and managing robust market analyses / bench-marking processes; leveraging key-insights to inform and support the category strategy development process.
- Key leadership traits required include the ability to influence and form strong partnerships with business leaders and their teams to define requirements, identify the best suppliers, and negotiate advantageous pricing, terms and performance for Amazon. This must be accomplished in accordance with Corporate Procurement, and Spending & Transaction Policy. This is an individual contributor role that must also coordinate with Corporate Procurement Category Sourcing Managers in other regions across to create and leverage sourcing strategies, savings and contract consistency, globally.
- 10+ years of relevant strategic sourcing experience supporting Marketing & Advertising division (Media buying, etc), to include at minimum, 5 years in an indirect procurement function at a multinational corporation
- In-depth experience in best-in-class procurement practices (category management, bench-marking, should-cost models, RFX, reverse auction, contracting, etc.)
- 7+ years of experience practicing best-in-class procurement processes (category management, bench-marking, should-cost models, RFx, reverse auction, contracting, etc.)
- Strong negotiator with proven experience in setting negotiation strategies and conducting negotiations.
- Extensive knowledge of the basic types of commercial agreement structures and the function and purpose of key legal terms.
- Knowledge of contract terms and conditions and in country laws and regulations
- Strong experience assessing risk and concisely explaining complex issues to principal business owners.
- Extremely customer-focused, taking the time to understand the needs of the business.
- Experience working in a large, global, highly matrixed organization; able to facilitate teamwork across corporate boundaries.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly synthesize, distill and draw conclusions on large amounts of disparate data.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation communication skills.
- Passionate self-starter with the highest integrity and ethics.
- Embraces fact based decision making; naturally seeks to leverage and/or integrate market data, spend analytics, and cost modeling.
Interested candidates can call us @ 040-27801263 (Any time between 4:00PM - 8:00PM)
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.