Consulting Partner at InnoQuest Consulting
Views:10059 Applications:181 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
AVP - Sponsorship Sales - Events/Conferences - Media (15-20 yrs)
About Our Client :
Our client is a reputed name in the media business, founded to empower multiple industries and segments by sharing critical business knowledge through strategic conferences and summits. Encompassing the Indian business vista, strives to bring together visionaries and key leaders on its knowledge platforms to create social and business ecology, conducive to the positive changes required by the industry.
Position Reports To : Business Head
Position Objective :
The key responsibility of the role entails driving, conceptualizing and launching conference IP's in identified industry segments and ensure these brands become sought after on ground destinations for key stakeholders in the sector.
Job Information :
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Design an annual conference plan for the sectors with a progressive growth map to ensure maximization of year on year revenue from the sector.
- Maximize revenue and lead the assigned team to ensure that revenue targets attached to sectors are achieved.
- Build at least one major IP for each sector assigned.
- Conduct relevant market research and analysis to identify key trends in the sectors- advertising and marketing strategies and provide a solution to those strategic needs.
- Work closely with the Conference Production Team to ensure that innovative cutting edge agendas are produced. These agendas should capture and retain industry interest and position the brand as thought generators in the segments.
- Liaise with the Marketing Team and build drip marketing campaign for each conference IP.
- Oversee that the operations team meet conference standards and requirements.
- Build strategic tie-ups with key stakeholders in the sectors.
- Constantly monitor market penetration and design strategies to strengthen our footprint within the sectors.
Key External & Internal Contacts :
Internal: Will work closely with the Business Head, Marketing Executives, Conference Producers, Team and the Operations Team
External : Industry Associations, Media, Ministries, NGO's and Corporates (for sponsorship)
Potential Sources of Satisfaction & Dissatisfaction:
Satisfaction: The role entails building strategic business units for each assigned sector, hence is an extremely demanding role which will provide high independent work environment. An ideal opportunity for the sector head to create a strong personal identity for oneself within key sectors. The business would promote and rewards self-motivation, result orientation and passion.
Dissatisfaction: Since all conferences will be startups it will be challenging to develop brands against existing competitive brands. A high-pressure job involving demanding revenue targets.
Knowledge and Skills :
- Successful track record in developing and managing conference brands for at least 15+ years
- Domain knowledge in at least two sectors. Preferable sectors - Finance, Retail, Education, Infrastructure, Telecom & Technology
- A proven sales track record in the Domestic as well as exposure to sales in International Markets
- Experienced in interacting with ministries, government organizations, trade associations and clients at C Level Management.
- Excellent writing, editing, communication, presentation, human relations and interpersonal skill
- Analytical bent of mind with an ability to have a consultative approach towards clients
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Ability to strategize and execute long term vision
- Knack to multi task
- Exceptional networking skills
- Out-of - the-box thinker
Culture Fit :
Dynamic willing to work in a startup organization that would have the usual challenges in building new IP's.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.