Recruitment Team at Allegis Group
Views:498 Applications:71 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
AVP - Senior Operational Risk Analyst - Reinsurance (5-7 yrs)
About the Role:
The Operational Risk Analyst is responsible for analyzing and monitoring areas of operational risk within the Life Capital, with particular focus on iptiQ entities, including producing comprehensive risk reporting to allow senior management to identify action priorities and effectively manage risk. This entails among other things:
- Support efforts to drive an operational risk aware culture where significant operational risks are quickly brought to the attention of and addressed by senior management.
- Enable risk identification, assessment and mitigation efforts across 1st and 2nd line of defense through data analytics and research.
- Provide expert advice in respect of ORM methodology as well as opportunities to improve effectiveness of processes and strengthen control design especially in changing environments.
- Play a leading role in projects and initiatives run by the ORM team in Bangalore to increase automation and impact of risk reporting and analytics initiatives (e.g. artificial intelligence), including understanding of user requirements, definition of business case (e.g. benefits, cost, technical solution), development (e.g. coding) and User Acceptance Testing
- Establish and maintain regular communication with key stakeholders across EMEA, Americas and Asia Pacific (e.g. business, governance teams, functional / business unit ORM teams, Compliance, GIA, etc.).
- Produce regular management reports on behalf of Life Capital ORM team, to highlight risk profiles, material risk exposures, and any operational losses arising from business activities.
- At least 5-7 years of experience within financial services industry with preference for internal or external audit, quality assurance over internal control or operational risk management background
- Solid understanding of enterprise risk management concepts, ideally in a retail insurance context
- Ability to manage multiple topics simultaneously and switch from detailed analytics to "big picture", from individual contributor to workstream lead
- Tech savvy, able to leverage existing and emerging technologies, including Office automation, robotics and/or artificial intelligence, to increase process efficiency and extract insights from data
- Basic knowledge of VBA required, advanced VBA knowledge preferred. Ideally would be familiar with other programming languages, e.g. SQL, Python, R
- Excellent communication skills, convincing and persuasive personality, is able to build and maintain professional networks across multiple departments
- Team player, sensitive to cultural differences, has passion for knowledge sharing and is keen to transfer experience within and outside the team
- Proficiency in English (speaking and writing)