AM at 9to6 Management Consultants
Views:209 Applications:23 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
AVP/Senior Manager - Mutual Fund Accounting (8-12 yrs)
AVP/ SM - Mutual Fund Accounting + Geneva App exp. (Night Shift) - Hyderabad/ Bangalore
The main function of the role is: Account for the day-to-day management of a functional/oversight team(s) and manage daily service delivery and production activities performed by staff. Work in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other Shared Service teams/COE- s, outsource locations, Client Operations and other business units to ensure seamless processing according to the fund's policies, to ensure NAV/yield accuracy and that all SLAs are met. As well as, Work collaboratively with teams and management across the organization on various projects, oversight, committees, KPIs, etc.
Role specifics :
- Oversees the activities of staff by working closely with direct reports.
- Manages the day-to-day activities and controls to ensure consistency of policies adherence to procedures.
- Manages and facilitates timely resolution of issues.
- Proposes and works to implement workflow changes and supporting technical solutions leading to improved productivity and profitability.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory compliance and developments for the assigned area and apprises staff as necessary.
- Identifies and analyzes operations risks related to current and potential business and recommends procedural changes and controls as needed
- Creates and uses quality service measurement tools to ensure compliance with operational standards with SLAs and SOPs and create management reporting as needed
- Coordinates and manages projects within the department and/or with BU Shared Services, COEs and Client Operations teams.
- During the course of normal day-to-day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and reporting and/or escalating in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Conducts periodic performance reviews; provides ongoing counsel, training, development and motivation of staff.
- Participates in the hiring, salary, promotional and termination recommendation process
Education Requirements :
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Commerce / Economics with a specialization in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word)
- Demonstrated managerial, leadership and decision making abilities
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal planning, and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively bring individuals from multiple areas together to resolve identified issues.
- Should have exposure to trading instruments like Equities, Options, Bonds, Futures, Spots and Forwards, Bank Debts and Credit Default Swaps (CDS)
- Should have knowledge of Corporate Actions, Income & Expense accruals, SEC Yields, Distributions, NAV calculations etc.
- Should have prior Mutual Fund accounting experience including General Ledger analysis and reconciliation
Experience Requirements :
- At least 6-8 Yrs (for SM) of related Custody and/or Fund Accounting experience, part of which must have been in a management or supervisory capacity. Prior relevant work experience of 8+ years.
- Knowledge of securities language and legal requirements.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Solid understanding of operational functions within Custody and/or Fund Accounting. Ability to provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and working knowledge of various software applications.
- Ability to develop and enhance client relationships
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.