Recruitment Team at Allegis Group
Views:213 Applications:12 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
AVP/Senior Analyst - Corporate Actuarial - Reinsurance (5-7 yrs)
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a highly skilled team of actuaries. In this role you will be providing independent oversight and quality assessments of Life & Health risk taking activities within Reinsurance Business Unit by supporting/leading Insurance Risk Reviews and Terms of Trade Reviews.
About the Team:
Reinsurance Risk and Actuarial Control Bangalore team supports the Reinsurance Risk Management (L&H and P&C), the Insurance Model Validation (L&H) and the Actuarial Control (L&H) teams of the Group Risk Management function. We provide high quality assurance on actuarial matters.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing actuarial assurance through participation in Insurance Risk Reviews, reviews of costing models and reviews of material costing assumptions.
- Planning of reviews reflecting materiality and risk factors and coordination of review efforts with Group Internal Audit to avoid duplicate efforts or assurance gaps.
- Issuing reports on review findings, reporting material issues or trends to senior management and back to the business, sharing best practices across the Life and Health community and confirmation of the completion of follow-up actions with management.
- Supporting review leaders in preparation, logistical co-ordination and other ad-hoc review tasks
- Driving continuous process improvements and technology applications by utilizing programming skills, statistical modelling, and data visualization and communication.
- Supporting the wider team in providing assurance of actuarial models, oversight of reserving and risk reporting.
Education & Experience:
- 5+ years of L&H pricing and/or valuation experience in the insurance and/or reinsurance industry.
- Actuary, in progress of qualifying or qualified.
- Experience with actuarial software such as MoSes, Prophet and/or statistical software such as R is advantageous.
- Proficiency in working in MS Excel, and other spreadsheet and database packages.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with multiple stakeholders in an international, multi-cultural and diverse environment.
- Analytical skills with strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively, and navigate ambiguity.
- Excellent business sense and appreciation of sound risk management and actuarial techniques.
- Ability to use experience and judgement with minimal supervision or direction; have the confidence and foresight to use own initiative.
- Actively looking to add value and take on additional responsibilities.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.