Recruitment Sourcing Manager at Allegis
Views:207 Applications:36 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
AVP - Risk Engineer - General Property Team - Reinsurance Firm (7-10 yrs)
We are hiring for an AVP- Risk Engineer - General Property Team for a leading Reinsurance Firm.
Job Location is Bangalore.
About the Role:
- Risk Engineering support of a global team of underwriters/account engineers concerning General Property (GP) business by reviewing and summarizing third party information using proprietary risk assessment tool and database
- Job includes mainly desktop assessment tasks and limited risk visits based on opportunities in the region only for training purposes but requires close interaction with regional Engineer/s and Underwriters located throughout the world where the respective accounts and deals are based
- In details, risk engineering tasks include:
- Assessing Risk Quality and providing Opinions for manmade and natural hazards
- Assessing Loss Estimates for costing and capital allocation
- Collaborating and supporting on various projects involving best practices, internal guidelines, and industry updates
- Supporting the global teams by extracting and summarizing technical data, claims or other information to identify industry trends.
- Engineering degree - according to team needs (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial)
- Strong industry knowledge of any one or more selected industries - ideally by having worked in these industries for a few years
- Min 7-10 years' relevant experience preferred (those with less experience but min 4 years relevant can also apply, but would be considered for a lower band)
- The self-motivated and independent learner
- Has a very strong service-oriented approach backed up by very good skills in communicating with various global teams.
- English language proficiency, another international language could be advantageous, International experience preferred
- Has good negotiating capability and is a strong Team Player
- A strong plus if quantitative modeling understanding and IT skills are available (SQL, Excel, VB, etc.) and can exhibit and demonstrate analytical thinking to drive insights from data
- Previous experiences as "insurance" risk engineer" or in "fire protection" is appreciated but is not a requirement; Good re-(insurance) knowledge a plus
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.