Senior Recruitment Consultant at Black Turtle
Views:4768 Applications:218 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
AVP - Project Manager - Digital Transformation - Investment Bank (8-16 yrs)
Urgently hiring for one of the leading investment Bank in Pune AVP- Project Manager
Strong with Digital Transformation - AGILE - jira OR Confluence
Key activities and decision making areas:
- Plans effectively around delivery constraints and optimises the plan to maximise benefits and minimise risk. Develops the plan within constraints, considering the delivery approach, key milestones and dependencies within the plan, requirements and scope, effort and resources, budgets and quality.
- Ensures the baselined scope, requirements, benefits, schedule and budget are managed as outlined in Business
Transformation Frameworks.. Identifies and intervenes where there is slippage and variance from plan.
- Proactively monitors project execution to effectively identify risks/issues/dependencies as they arise throughout the project lifecycle. Takes ownership of critical issues and ensures resolution within agreed timescales and implements mitigating plans against identified risks and issues. Escalates when needed to the Programme Manager (remaining calm, knowing when to escalate, escalates with possible solutions).
- Collaborates and builds positive stakeholder and business partner relationships providing regular updates to resolve high priority issues affecting the project
- Obtains buy-in from the project sponsor, Steering Committee and other business partner stakeholders for all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, quality assurance plans, budget, schedule, and scope changes
- Analyses management reports, and derives insights from it to drive the right business decisions
- Sets the pace and operating rhythm, driving a culture of achievement and ensures pace by identifying and removing barriers to project success.
- Promotes pace and energy within the team and leads by example
- Keeps focus on the medium and long term goals and the Group's values particularly when under short term pressure
- Manages change and implementation within the business to ensure the change lands well and sticks, contributing to benefits realisation
- Manages project closure and handover to the business
Operational Performance :
- Produce a well-defined project plan, identifying the key milestones and assigning responsibilities/resources
- Develops the plan in line with GCD Project Management Framework.
- Communicates the plan to stakeholders
- Develops and/or reviews estimates and estimating assumptions for the project's schedule, effort, and cost using established Global Change Delivery estimating models, best practices, and past experience
- Mobilises the project team and allocates tasks and roles
- Provides timely reports on project status, risks and issues, evaluating project performance based on management information
- Manages and reports on the project budget, acting on any variance
- Manages and reports project risks, issues and dependencies
- Drives a culture of achievement and ensure pace by identifying and removing barriers to project success
- Maintains project change control, ensuring any changes to baseline are managed through change request and all impacts are considered
- Promotes and takes accountability for project quality; identifies opportunities to improve delivery and oversees the governance process to reduce risk and ensure effective and timely decisions are taken
- Ensures project team follow quality assurance processes, Global Change Delivery frameworks and methodologies to ensure the common high performance approach across Global Change Delivery
- Ensures governance processes and decisions are applied consistently, including:
- Engaging the project sponsor and stakeholders effectively
- Creation and running of effective Steering Committee, who make focused decisions, based upon accurate and timely status, performance reports. Using the committee as the first point of escalation.
- Seeks project quality assurance, acting on recommendations.
- Use Management Services team for standardised project metrics and reporting driven out of Clarity. Management by exception of budget and schedule variance. Ensuing accurate and responsible status reporting. Escalating, co-ordinating any mitigants or remedial action.
- Plans and executes regular tollgates in line with BTF
- Excellent understanding of the project lifecycle
- Excellent understanding of Global Change Delivery Business Transformation Frameworks and best practice techniques
- Understanding of the purpose, value, culture and fundamentals of Global Change Delivery
- Understanding of banking and understanding of how change drives benefits for Bank, its customers and other stakeholders
- Project management skills and experience
- People manager and broad experience in managing teams of different work streams
- Examples of the delivery of on time and on budget projects that achieve business case stated outcomes - a driver with bias towards delivery at pace and controlling project outcomes
- In depth experience of working in a banking environment and change projects
- Stakeholder management experience, especially impactful communication, influencing and running project governance Implementation, change management and benefits realisation
- Implementation, change management and benefits realisation
- Planning and Plan Management
- Risk and Issues Management
- Global Mindset
- Decision Making
- Lead Self and Others
- Business Case and Benefits Realisation
- Change and Implementation Management
- Financial and Budget Management
- Tracking, Reporting and Governance
- Stakeholder Management
- Resource and Team Management
- Delivery at Pace
- Achieving excellence
Qualifications and Accreditations :
- PMP certification or training
- Prince2 - Optional
- Any relevant local banking qualifications such as ACIB (Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers)
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.