AVP - Product Development - Media Conglomerate (12-15 yrs)
Work with one of the largest media houses in India, take your career to a new high with the global exposure and experience.
Our client is among the top 3 most trusted newspapers in India, read by more than 30 million Indians. It is one of the most renowned names in Indian media especially across North India. They also host a multitude of media initiatives like Print, Digital, TV, Events and Radio Stations covering various states in the country to connect better with the locals. Their website is one of the fastest growing digital news sites, where they have shown a growth in audience by around 200% in tier 2 and 3 cities and towns in India.
The 6 decade old media house was founded by a fearless and famous journalist and writer who has been felicitated with many literary awards. Currently led by a team of experts and media professionals at its CXO levels, the publishing house has expanded to many digital and offline businesses under its roof, providing employment to thousands in India. They have kept the flag high with their journalistic values and quality coverage of events throughout the world.
As the AVP - Product, you will lead the product development process of new Ayurvedic products range and utilise market research data and consumer behaviour trends to support new product ideas.
What you will do:
- Ensuring Timely development of bench-top prototypes, stability study, sensory and scale up for commercialisation.
- Identifying new market opportunities and developing new product concepts to address customer and market demand
- Developing & managing time-lines, budgets, and product development activities
- Identifying & reviewing new ingredients, products and technologies to determine scientific viability and applications
- Identifying source and partners of raw material ingredients. Actively searching products, vendors which will support the development and pipeline
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, such as Procurement, Quality Assurance, Nutrition, Regulatory, Business development & Manufacturing
- Managing multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Reviewing Documents for:
- Stability Study Protocol/ Reports
- Process Validation Protocol & Reports
- Observation report after three successful commercial batches
- Affiliation to various govt standards for similar product range
- Discussing & helping in resolving the formulation or process challenges during daily meeting for product development & monitoring the development cycle of product
- Identifying achievements, failures & bottleneck on weekly basis for review
- Reviewing & helping in preparing the monthly performance of the team based on the time-lines committed & submission of the same
- Being responsible for environmental health and safety In organisation as per company policy/ regulations
What you need to have:
- 12+ years of experience in Nutra vertical and Ayurvedic products industry. Must be from Food Technology Background
- Exposure to ERP/ SAP
- Project management & data interpretation skills
- Ability to make & deliver process training sessions
- Knowledge of domestic and international markets
- Proficient with use of the Internet, MS outlook, MS office - including word, excel and power point
- Highly technical/ scientific acumen and familiarity with ayurvedic and Nutraceutical ingredient raw materials
- Knowledge of food science, process technology and good understanding of nutrition & Food regulations
- Talent for communicating, influencing, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Analytical thought process and excellent organisational skills