Founder/Chief Consultant at Credence HR Services
Views:15763 Applications:312 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:224
AVP - Operational Risk - Finance Function (8-12 yrs)
We have an urgent opening or the captioned role with our client in Mumbai.
Operations Risk Management (ORM) :
- Be the single point of contact to the line of business (LOB) / function on all operational risk agendas
- Conduct periodic checkpoint meetings with LOB management teams to discuss key risk and control updates, focus areas, items requiring attention, issues, red-flags, etc.
- Basis LOB requirements, perform thematic reviews & deep-dive process risk reviews, identify risk and control gaps, formulate remediation plans and track issue/action plans to closure
- Participate in or manage projects and initiatives on risk & controls (e.g. driving control awareness programs, conducting risk expos, imparting trainings, conducting UAT of ORM systems, etc.)
Work in close collaboration with local, regional & global stakeholders and ensure we stay abreast on risk and control topics
- Drive compliance on firm-wide User Tools (UT) policy including inventory, risk classification and implementation of applicable control standards
- Assist business in performing Risk & Control Self Assessment (RCSA) including risk assessment, walkthroughs, control substantiation, etc. as per firm's policies and timelines
- Monitor and follow-up for completion of prescribed mandatory compliance trainings including periodic reporting, escalations, etc.
- Identify, review & remediate high-risk manual process as per manual process guideline
- Monitor and follow-up on open issues & action plans for remediation & closure
- Prepare and publish monthly risk and control metrics & scorecards, monthly control meeting decks, exception management reports, etc.
- Coordinate audits and act as a liaison between business and the auditor
Chartered Accountant / MBA (Finance) with 7 plus years of post qualification experience in Operational Risk, Business Contingency Planning (BCP) and/or Information Risk.
Experience in Governance, Risk Management & Compliance (GRC), Risk & Control Self Assessment (RCSA), SOX management testing, Internal Audits, Process Risk Reviews, Business Contingency Planning (BCP), Information Risk Management (IRM), etc.
Skill Sets :
- Be able to work independently as an Individual Contributor
- Be the first line of defense and support business function in ongoing risk & control agenda
- Act as a trusted business advisor and be able to provide management assurance on the reasonableness of internal controls
- Excellent stakeholder management skills. Should be able to face senior management personnel with confidence and determination.
- Excellent collaboration / partnership skills. Should be able to communication strongly and handle challenging situations tactfully.
- Strong auditing and control testing skills. Should have keen eye for details and able to identify control gaps.
- Strong control mindset with an aptitude to identify, assess and remediate gamut of operational risk issues
- Reasonably good excel and power-point skills and be able to present to senior management
- Able to grasp/learn new concepts, policies and procedures quickly
- Should be a self starter and carry a proactive & positive approach
- Ability to multi-task and capable of delivering on multiple priorities
- Ability to understand the risk impacts of technology change projects
- Ability to work under pressure and make accurate decisions in stressful situations
Founder & Chief Consultant
Credence HR Services
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.