Manager - Risk/Digital & Analytics Practice at Michael Page India
Views:10947 Applications:295 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
AVP - Operational Risk & Controls Testing - CA/ICWA/CPA - Global Bank (8-12 yrs)
About Our Client:
Our client is a leading financial services organization with operations in more than 45 countries worldwide. They are an esteemed brand within global banking industry and always strive to recruit the best talent in the industry. With the current expansion in their global operations, they are looking for experienced operational risk professionals.
Reporting into the VP and working as an individual contributor, your key responsibilities shall be as follows:
- You would also be responsible for developing and implementing the overall control environment to manage operational losses and compliance to SOX regulations. This function was established in response to the critical business needs.
Your key responsibilities shall include:
- Leading the preparation of the Internal Controls Monitoring Plan taking into account the risk control assessments and business environment to provide adequate coverage.
- Performing testing of the design and operating effectiveness of controls as per the bank's methodology
- Ensuring that SOX Testing has been executed by all the process areas and providing guidance regarding the critical requirements of the guidelines.
- Evaluating operational risk and control management effectiveness across the finance functions of the bank while ensuring compliance with the group operational risk framework
- Implementing effective operational risk oversight via quality assurance over control testing and Risk and Control Assessment, and the analysis of control metrics and other relevant key indicators.
- Analyzing and documenting process risks and design controls to mitigate these risks
The Successful Applicant:
- You must be a CA/CPA/ICWA with at least 8 years of post-qualification experience
- Extensive experience of working in a Retail / Investment Bank is a must Comprehensive understanding of governance & control frameworks designing/ testing along with other aspects of operational risk management
- A strong understanding and practical experience of Risk and Control disciplines, including COSO Framework, Audit Approach, SOX and PRSA Processes is preferred.
- Strong leadership skills, interpersonal skills / ability to develop relationships partnership with peers in BU and Operational Risk Functions outside business unit and central operational risk management group, SOX Office and other such risk subject matter experts.
- Experience in risk mitigation governance relating to Financial Reporting and other risks
- Excellent understanding of different financial systems along with strong experience of establishing controls around F&A functions (Financial Reporting, Controllership, LEC, Reconciliation, etc)
- Strong background within internal audit or internal controls designing/testing experience with extensive exposure within the financial services sector
- Strong experience of business process documentation, risk assessment, control designing and testing controls
What's on Offer:
An opportunity to be a part of a growing setup in an established MNC based in Delhi NCR. Excellent employee friendly work culture and global exposure along with high level of Independence in your work.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.