Associate Consultant at Black Turtle
Views:17951 Applications:631 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:367
AVP - Model Risk Management/Model Control/Model Governance/Model Review - BFS (5-10 yrs)
Only Female candidates-AVP - Model Risk Management/Model Control/Model Governance/Model Review - BFS
Job Title: Assistant VP ONLY FEMALE CANDIDATES
- Managing a model control framework within BI Finance that complies with the Model Risk Management (MRM) framework & the Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF).
- Distinct from both model development and independent model validation teams, the Model Control Office (MCO) oversees the overall control environment for model risk.
- Providing subject matter expertise to support conformance with model risk policies.
- Ad hoc projects.
What will you be doing?
- Working with model owners to ensure the following is executed according to policy: Inventory Maintenance/Attestation, Model Monitoring, Model Approval, Documentation, Model Change Management, Model Decommissioning and Model Implementation Controls.
- Partnering with model owners to judge effectiveness of models including challenging where needed.
- Producing high quality model documentation. In order to write the documents, the individual will need to work with all relevant teams involved in the model lifecycle to understand the scope, assumptions, limitations and controls operated by them.
- Working with IVU through the model approval process.
- Producing MI for the BI Finance - Model Controls Office.
- Establishing a periodic controls and governance process including monitoring model usage/changes.
- Reporting functionally and locally to VP - MCO Chennai.
- Ensure that a strong internal control environment is maintained at all times. Review key controls: FOBOs, adjustment substantiation and New, Amends & Cancels trades review
- Identify and drive process re-engineering and constantly challenge current processes for improvement and efficiency
- Raise any control weaknesses to the team. Brainstorm with the team to come up with an action plan
What we- re looking for:
- Experienced with MS office toolkit (Word, PPT, Excel, Access Database etc)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both formal and informal settings & ability to interact with the region and UK / US as part of a global team (written and verbal) Strong control awareness - in particular, the ability to identify and escalate potential control breakdowns and to streamline processes in an effective and efficient manner.
- Has the initiative and ability to break down problems into components parts and resolving them
- Attention to detail and analytical
- Confident and assertive manner
Skills that will help you in the role:
- CFA / Masters in Finance / Financial Engineering would be an advantage
- Articleship / Industrial trainee in mid to large sized firms
- Audit exposure in large financial institutions / banks preferred
Where will you be working?