Manager - Risk/Digital & Analytics Practice at Michael Page India
Views:5801 Applications:50 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
AVP - Market Risk Management - Investment Bank - IIT/IIM/ISI (9-12 yrs)
About Our Client :
- Our client is a leading financial services organization across the globe. With 60+ offices in more than 20 countries they are a world leader in providing risk based solution to leading organizations across the globe. As their business in India is expanding, and are looking for a professional to help achieve their expansion plans.
Job Description :
Reporting into the VP, you shall be part of their Risk Information group and you shall be responsible leading a team of market risk professionals. Some of your key deliverable will be as follows:
- Manage the daily operational process of validating the Time Series (TS) data feeding the risk engines, ensuring timely publication of VaR and other risk measures ( SVaR, IRC, Back Testing, APR and CVA )
- Ensure timely VaR sign-off (Flash,Finals,etc ) and other deliverables based on frequency
- Monitor, escalate any production gaps (people issues, system issues) to the management team or IT.
- Provide business requirements for any new development or fixes to the Market Risk Projects team or IT and to sign off test results.
- Work as a subject matter expert on Market Data and VaR processes
- Work closely with a variety of stakeholders including front-line desk risk management along management of daily operational deliverables
- Ensure any data quality gap is overcome by means of effective dialogue with internal and external team members.
The Successful Applicant :
- You are a Master's in Statistics / Economics/ B. Tech from a Tier 1 institution (IIT's, IIM's, ISI) with minimum 9 years of experience in the Market Risk domain
- Experience of managing/leading large teams is extremely critical
- Certifications such as CFA, PRMIA, GARP, ACT/MCT, FRM, PRM, CQF shall be preferred
- Strong exposure to diverse asset classes with understanding of market conditions (volatility, extreme price moves) is essential
- Excellent understanding of VAR methodologies along with knowledge of regulatory requirements (FSA, EU/CRD and Basel/BIS)
- Proficient in Excel/VBA, JAVA, Python, MATLAB, R, etc
What's on Offer :
Excellent work life balance in a very meritocratic culture with leading MNC. This role would offer you variation, stability and career progression in addition to a highly competitive compensation.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.