Associate Consultant at Black Turtle
Views:26039 Applications:235 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:99
AVP/Manager/Lead Manager - Model Development - IFRS9 - Credit Risk Modeling - BFSI (5-12 yrs)
- Provisioning based on IFRS9 based accounting principles is one of the key functional areas within Retail Risk Management which directly impacts the bank's P&L. This function owns the assessment of provision requirement and estimation of future loss the across all retail products (secure and unsecure).
- This role applies to the Business Decision Science job family and would encompass forecasting key risk metrics like roll rate, BCR, write-off, recovery, LIC etc. ; execution of the IFRS9 models, reconciliation and validation of IFRS9 model based provision numbers
- The role requires the incumbent to run the process with high efficiency and quality with strong adherence to governance, to produce the accurate and timely forecast and be able to manage the deviation within an acceptable range. This role also requires the incumbent to manage various ad-hoc analyses to understand portfolio performance and assess additional provision requirement.
- This position does not involve people management responsibility but involves project management responsibility
- Accountabilities / Deliverables
a) Ensure smooth delivery of DR3, PR1, and ongoing execution
b) Support documentation, refresh and commentary of IFRS9 based provisions numbers
c) Data sourcing and coordination
d) Understanding of product level nuances and incorporation into an execution plan to ensure smooth functioning of the process
e) Coordination of the closure of monthly and quarterly provisions/LIC with countries/Regions/Group
f) Ongoing review and challenge of the models, parameters & its output
g) Working with stakeholders across Risk, Finance & IT
Projects & Analysis
- Have a good understanding of the business domain, functional goals, and the required technical expertise.
- See the 'bigger picture' and be able to understand the impact of various strategies, policies, and events or stress factors on LIC.
- Be well conversant with FIM guidelines of risk classification & provisioning and be able to assess the gaps
- Be familiar with the macroeconomic environment of the region
- Ensure completeness of analysis as required and document results and formally present findings to management. Diagnose and resolve moderate to complex issues.
- Complete any other duties /assignments from ACOE and GR.
- Ensure delivery of high-quality analytical solutions for the existing clients/engagements.
- Support to develop a consulting culture within a team that seeks out opportunities to expand & deepen relationships with existing clients
- Coordinate &Partner with various functions like Collections, Finance, Strategy, CVM to create an interactive environment of information and feedback sharing and identifying risks & opportunities for business
- Ensure customer satisfaction on all deliverables
Translate key analytical solutions as generic and re-deployable across regions/countries
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
- Ensure team's business delivery, system accesses, enforcement of compliance & business policies and people performance
Keep governance as a point of focus in all activities and religiously follow guidelines without a miss
Leadership & Teamwork:
- Develop and maintain relationships and work well with all levels of management.
- Inspire trust & credibility among team members, business clients, and other stakeholders through the highest level of personal integrity, and ethical behavior
- Support to develop a culture committed to the delivery of outstanding customer service and healthy, open, transparent, honest team environment.
- Supports diversity and adapts style and language according to the demands of the situation.
- Encourages the sharing of knowledge and information across teams and leverages from experience and learning from others
- Ability to influence and negotiate across all levels for a mutually positive outcome
- Provides relevant training, development opportunity to team members
- Collaborates well across different functional areas
Problem Solving & Innovative Thinking:
- Provides actionable analytical solutions for business problems.
- Leverages external/internal information while providing business solutions.
Supports innovative analytical thinking & solutions that result in improved business performance
Education / Relevant Experience / Other Qualifications:
1. Bachelor's degree in mathematics/ statistics/ economics or equivalent; Master's degree is preferred
2. At least 4.5 years of relevant experience. Experience in Credit Risk Strategy Development, Loss Forecasting/Reserving etc will be added advantage
3. Excellent communication skills with technical (the team) and non-technical (senior entity management in the region) counterparts; being able to "translate" between the two worlds is the major thing in the day to day work.
4. Strong analytical skills with an ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
5. Good organizational, analytical, problem-solving and verbal and written communication skills.
6. Prior experience in managing risk activities in retail lending is essential.
7. Prior experience in managing Retail portfolios such as Mortgage, Cards, Loans, and Overdrafts.
8. Knowledge of Loss Forecasting techniques & prior experience with the provisioning process