Resourcing Specialist at Standard Chartered
Views:1209 Applications:248 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
AVP/Lead - Business Efficiency & Cost Transformation - BFSI (12-17 yrs)
Business Efficiency, Growth, and Performance Measurement
- Governance of Operations requirements for in progress BAPs and pipeline deals to ensure alignment to corporate plan and cost targets
- Measurement and tracking of cost save and capacity initiatives to realize scale and support growth
- End-to-end oversight of realization of efficiencies in HC and non-HC saves, ensuring benefits are effectively realized into cost reduction/avoidance
- Responsible for monthly Business efficiency tracking & reporting to MT. Ensuring discipline and due process for timely delivery against performance targets through effective & regular engagement with Regional & Country operations heads.
- Provide regular accurate updates to MT on business & ops performance; ensure that issues are escalated in a timely fashion, with clear actions with timelines and ownership to remedy such escalations are agreed and close accordingly.
- Measuring the - Cost to Serve- from operations and service perspectives across bellwether products with capability to have conversations to drive the right client behaviour.
- Producing Client profitability metrics across SS products driving conversation with Product and COO teams on unprofitable clients.
Business Planning & Governance :
- Lead and coordinate the budget forecasting and planning cycles in line with timeline as defined by Group Finance & our business partners
- Lead timely review of cost performance and delivery of saves against 5-year efficiency road map
- Analyse performance across revenue and expenses lines
- To lead on the development and implementation of policies for business planning, performance and risk management.
- Manage financial performance for the Operations teams, at countries and GBS seeking operational efficiencies to drive the JAWS ratio as directed by Group Finance.
- Represent Operations at any relevant Finance related committees as required.
- Regular review of business performance metrics including Key Performance Index (KPI), Cost per transaction and take appropriate steps with relevant teams (Group, Region & Country) immediately upon detection of anomalies.
- Design and implementation of Transparent Performance Metrics in line with strategic plan
- Central point of contact for network / vendor management responsibilities within FMO
Budgeting / Costs / Financial Governance :
- With Group Finance, drive standardization across Financial reporting forums, including monthly financial reviews with MT
- Lead Cost Centre restructuring initiative to align cost and FTE insights between financial reporting and Client Journey / Product pillars
- Tracking of benefit realization from initiatives across headcount movements and productivity metrics, incorporating standard approach to FTE requirements in capacity models
- Establish and operationalize monthly governance of BE Target delivery. Design process to ensure continuous adherence & attention from Group, Region and Country (including GBS). Ensuring visibility to and engagement from Business heads in addition to Operations
Stakeholder Management :
- Building strong, influential & trusted stakeholder relationships at all levels; with focus on senior group level stakeholders
- Act as a conduit between all key stakeholders and the MT to ensure that our strategic agenda is delivered effectively despite potentially conflicting agendas & priorities of our stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate strategic agenda, and progress through regular face to face engagement & timely communication (e.g. via email, in PED steering committees, business forums & project updates)
- Responsible for creating a stakeholder engagement plan & ensuring that this is delivered against
Key Stakeholders :
- Operations Heads; Finance Head; Country / Regional Operations teams; Country / Regional Business teams
- COO, Product, Business Finance, Operations Finance
Regulatory & Business conduct:
- Create a climate where risk issues are surfaced without fear and resolved as part of our culture.
- Balance business performance delivery and cost management constraints with risk and control matters to ensure that they do not materially threaten the group's ability to remain within risk appetite.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the TB SS Business Efficiency function to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: such as Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Other Responsibilities :
- Leverage the opportunity provided by Corporate Social Responsibility to enhance the Group's internal and external reputation and indirectly influence the bottom line.
- Promote the Group's brand and Here for good with employees, clients and regulators.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Maintain effective communication with key stakeholders, including regulators and staff.
ROLE SPECIFIC TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES :
- Financial Reporting & Management Advanced
- Cost Analytics Advanced
- Product Control Advanced
- Budgeting & Forecasting Advanced
- Process Transformation Advanced
- Business Governance & Support Advanced
- Strategy & Business Model Core