Co-Founder & COO at The Hiring Story
Views:1168 Applications:708 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
AVP - Human Resources - EdTech/Product Startup - IIM/TISS/SCMHRD/XLRI (5-12 yrs)
AVP HR - Tier 1 candidates from Edutech/Product startup
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Partner with senior management to implement and support Edwisor's policies, practices and programs.
- Supervise the HR staff and lead the Edwisor's HR team in creating an inviting and cohesive employee experience.
- Implement HR policies and programs including employee relations, recruiting and staffing, wage and salary administration, benefits, and management training.
- Partner with management to address day-to-day HR operational issues such as employee and labor relations, compensation reviews, escalated benefits issues, performance management and training.
- Provide objective and strategic input and guidance to employees at all levels of the organization including career development, and general management / employee relationship issues.
- Guide managers and employees in resolving employee relations issues by providing effective conflict resolution and coaching to with the ultimate goal of turning employee behavior around.
- Identify and implement training programs.
- Develop and implement effective hiring and employee retention programs.
- Act as an employee champion and change agent by anticipating HR-related needs and delivering value added services for the benefit of the employees.
- Implement and manage compliance efforts with all the Labour laws and regulations that govern the private companies relating to all aspects of the employee life cycle.
- Investigate claims of misconduct and escalates to legal and security team as required.
- Develop and manage annual budgets for the department and perform periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation to insure regulatory compliance. Identifies trends that could impact the organization objectives.
- Maintain an effective level of business literacy including company goals, mission, financial position, strategy, competition, technology and culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the position :
To fulfill this strategic role, the AVP must possess a broad range of business knowledge and leadership skills, including:
- Vigilance in scanning the external environment to anticipate business and talent threats and opportunities.
- Strategic thinking skills to work with the CEO and executive team to set direction.
- Cross-functional business understanding with a P&L orientation.
- The courage and decisiveness, to prioritize, to succeed - or to fail fast and move forward.
- The conceptual skills to shape the organization to meet tomorrow's demographic challenges.
- Financial acumen to broadly balance resources and understand the financial implications and tradeoffs of investments in every aspect of the business, including talent.
- Technological savvy to drive efficiencies and to engage the workforce through innovations in technology solutions.
- A risk management perspective with regard to talent.
- The ability to convey the importance of talent at all levels as a fiduciary issue to the board and the leadership team.
- Legal literacy to help ensure a culture of compliance and integrity at every level of the organization and across borders.
- Operational ability to ensure that the transactional aspects of HR are well executed in a world of fast-moving and changing expectations of the employee population.
Education and Experience :
- 5-7 years of experience at senior management level with atleast 3 years in Top Management Level.
- The candidate should be Post graduate/MBA (HR/IR&PM) or Business related Master's degree from Tier 1 institute.
- Requires outstanding interpersonal, coaching and listening skills with the ability to communicate within all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to remain objective, discrete and exercise common sense at all times. Able to develop strong, trusting relationships within department and organization.
- Thrives in a dynamic environment and able to work on various projects simultaneously, requiring strong organizational and time management skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.