Managing Partner/Founder at Workoid Consultants
Views:2091 Applications:106 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:102
AVP - Global Payroll - IP Technology/BPO/KPO/IT Industry (10-18 yrs)
Preference to NCR candidates first
We are looking for a AVP - Global Payroll for a client with a global presence based at Noida.
We would like to discuss the position (relevant to your profile) in detail with you if you are looking for a change or enhancement of your career in the same domain.
Compensation package would be the best as per industry benchmark standards. We assure you of highest level of confidentiality and professionalism in the process.
Job Details :
Location : Noida
Role : Team Handling
Reporting to : Global Payroll Manager (VP)
Direct Reports : Regional Payroll Managers ( 6-7)
Industry : IP Technology
Shift Timings : Regular, 5 days working
CTC : Industry Standards
Experience : 11+total exp, Global Payroll management experience Mandate
Regions : Primarily Europe ( Exp in US payroll in past will be preferred )
Education : Graduate, Pref MBA (HR)
Principal Purpose of the Job
The position exists to plan, direct and review payroll as well as benefits administration and operations including management of vendors, facilitate internal and external payroll audits, and provide seamless payroll service to acquired entities for the client with the objective of driving salary disbursements to all employees across the globe (except USA) accurately, in time, and within employee cost budgets within the guidelines and norms of organizational and statutory policies
- Payroll Management - Design process flow for the function and get the same validated from the Global Payroll Manager. Guide team in implementing the process in their respective regions with the help of the payroll vendor; Handle Escalations related to non-receipt of inputs from various stake holders (ex. HRSS, Finance, etc.); Resolve queries and issues in time by acting as per the organization and statutory policy / guidelines; Supervise the data migration (employee details, etc.) to the external vendor system ; Guide team in reviewing the major payout and deduction heads for their regions and ensure accuracy as per the established and existing policy guidelines; Supervise the cost booking against employment in the company book of accounts in a timely and accurate manner; Intervene in case of escalations and resolve concerns / issues in order to drive monthly salary disbursement in an accurate and timely fashion across geographies
- Benefits Administration - Monitor release of funds for benefits on a monthly / bi-weekly / quarterly / annual basis; Review to ensure accuracy and timeliness of payments; Stay abreast of legislations and change benefit policies accordingly; Monitor preparation of Books of Accounts on a timely and accurate basis
- Global compliances management (employee salary) - Direct team to understand and track all related taxation rules for the region; Guide team in sharing the detailed policies / guidelines with the vendor on pay disbursement; Review changes in compliances (tax / statutory deductions) and provide final sign-off; Guide team in submitting relevant documents and reports to the external payroll consultants as per their requirements; Guide team in facilitating audit process by providing relevant information and sharing respective documents in order to adhere to the local wage laws related to employee salaries and taxation.
- Payroll vendor management - Drive the relationship with the payroll vendor management across regions; Review annual contracts and the process setups; Suggest modifications related to SLAs / reporting; Negotiate on the support fee along with the team; Seek support for audits, if required; Assign budgets, as and when required in order to ensure vendor support in terms of timely disbursements
- Annual planning and budgeting (Employment cost budget) - Act as custodian of employment cost budget; Direct team to collect region-wise employment numbers and collate it; Guide team in preparing region wise annual budgets by incorporating changes in headcount / salary pay-outs and using predictive analytics, etc.; Collate the numbers to draw the company wide employment budget; Review the same along with the team; Share the final results with the senior management in business meetings and provide inputs; Secure approval on employment budget from the Chief Financial Officer; Direct team to track actual vs. budgeted cost on a monthly basis; Guide team to share this information with the Finance Business Partners and other respective stakeholders in prescribed formats / templates for respective business reviews on a monthly basis in order to enable business decision making with respect to employee-headcount and employment cost.
- External and Internal Audits - Function as the SPOC for tax authorities during external audits; Facilitate audits by providing documents, etc. for examination; Respond to audit queries; Prepare and monitor action plans prepared post audit observations
- System Implementation and New Business Integration - Participate in Post-Merger Integration process on acquiring of new businesses; Study the existing payroll and benefit processes; Prepare project plan; Sensitize the employee base of the acquired organization; Prepare for Go Live; Lead the process of integration of new payroll systems such as ADP
- Control and review - Analyze existing policies and procedures for payroll and claim disbursement process; Identify gaps / improvement areas and suggest changes to the team; Set milestones and SLAs for processes; Monitor adherence to processes, policy guidelines, payroll calendar and SLAs; Conduct periodic review meetings; Guide team and resolve queries / issues; Take corrective action; Escalate issues to Group Financial Controller / MD India, if required; Circulate status updates, periodically, to Group Financial Controller / MD India in order to minimize deviations from set guidelines and norms.
- People Management - Identify, prioritize and deploy action items for competency development in the team; Engage with employees; Direct and guide team on departmental issues; Identify, groom, reward and develop high performers and future leaders and hand hold them in their career through developmental feedback; Challenge and motivate the team for their growth, ownership and responsibility; Resolve escalated conflicts and grievances; Set clear and objective goals for team and drive them towards the achievement in order to engage, retain and develop a committed and cohesive workforce.
- Understanding of wage laws
- End to end payroll process management
- Employment tax & social security rules in multiple jurisdictions
- Compliance measures governing employee wages
- Decision Making
- Written and oral communication
- Stakeholder management
- People management
- Detail orientation
- Planning and organizing
If the above role excites you, Kindly share your updated Photo resume with the below mentioned details -
Current Shift/Work timings
Current Residence Location
Open to Relocate - share reason and family set up
Age & DOB
Ed Qualification - Graduate & PG
Total Exp ( yrs)
Are you handling End to end Payroll in current role
Exp in Global End to end Payroll Processing ( Yrs)
Regions handled ( US, Europe, EMEA, specify all)
Exp in Vendor Management ( yrs)
Exp Situational Leadership ( yrs)
Current Direct reports to you on Papers
Hierarchy in current organization (2 up and 2 Below )
Current CTC ( fixed + Variable)
Min NP to be served
Gaps in Ed / Career if any
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.