Recruitment Sourcing Manager at Allegis
Views:3034 Applications:95 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
AVP - Global FX Trading - Investment Bank (10-15 yrs)
AVP - GFX-GLM
We are looking for global FX trading for a leading global investment bank.
Position Description -
- The New York based GFX MO team is responsible for many aspects of the day-to-day support of the Global FX Trading & Sales Business. This encompasses support across a range of product types, from very-high-volume eCommerce trading to Complex Derivatives trading desks, encompassing OTC FX, Interest Rate and Commodity trades as well as Listed Futures & Options. While the team is based in London, as the central location for DB's FX Business we have a truly global reach.
- The Roles & Responsibilities we manage include Exotic Trade Verifications, Trade Lifecycle Event Management, and other Key Controls over the Accuracy, Timeliness and Completeness of the trades booked into our systems and managed by our Business. We also provide support for ad-hoc queries from Trading, Sales and Operations.
- The team also plays a key interface role across a number of cross-business and cross-functional stakeholders, collaborating with other key groups such Market Risk Management, Operational Risk, Finance, Settlements, Collateral Management, IT, Financial Control and Regulatory Reporting.
- The specific role we are recruiting for will be for a candidate to work closely with the Commodities Index Trading Desk, providing support for bookings-related issues and supporting the key control task of exotic trade verifications, requiring a proven ability - whether gained though previous work experience or educational background - to understand complex terminologies, products and mathematical formulae. In addition, the candidate will work on many of the core day-to-day activities of the team, as listed above.
Position Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities -
- Functions include trade capture support for Trading and Sales team, life cycle event processing, market data management, query management and controls. This role will have particular emphasis on the Commodities Index business
- Build, maintain and work closely with key support functions (Documentation, Settlements, Finance, Regulatory Operations, Compliance and IT) to assist and provide support on time-critical and complex tasks
- Working with Front Office, Finance and IT to establish the strategic direction of front office risk systems as well as assist in rolling out and testing tactical initiatives on trade capture and reporting.
- Utilising a network of cross-functional contacts and driving collaboration across the various stakeholder teams
Providing Subject Matter Expertise to assist Senior Management in the overall direction of Middle Office
Experience/ Exposure :
- Minimum of 8 years experience in the Sales & Trade support functions
- A good understanding of Commodities and complex FX products and processes including but not limited to Trade Lifecycle, Valuations, Risk Concepts and the like. Understanding on Interest Rate Derivatives (both OTC and listed) is a plus.
- Good networking skills to quickly establish a network spanning across functions and locations which include Middle Office, Front Office, Operations, Finance and IT.
- A relevant understanding of Front Office Trading and Risk Platforms. Primarily FX but other businesses are also a plus.
- A team player who is also able to work independently and showing a high degree of initiative and ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment with an ability to understand highly complex and varied exotic trading products, booking processes, trade-lifecycle events and downstream interactions with Confirmations and Settlements
- An independent thinker with strong analytical skills while having the ability to assimilate and translate information into a working solution quickly, whilst pro-actively look for ways to improve processes and systems to close control gaps
- Knowledge of Excel, VBA, SQL would be required. Python would be a plus.
Education/ Qualifications -
- MBA/Degree educated, with financial or management background
- Strong team player
- Good Supervisory Skills
- Demonstrate a detailed operational and technical understanding of relevant products
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good analytical skills
- A strong Control Focus with Risk and PnL awareness
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.