Director at Antrors HR Solutions
Views:919 Applications:242 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
AVP - General Counsel Legal/Corporate Litigation - Technology - LLB/LLM (10-14 yrs)
Role : Assistant Vice President - General Counsel / Corporate Litigation - Legal - ( Technology Organization)
Location : Bangalore
Job Description :
- The current role is open for the India Delivery Center Legal Team. The Legal Team provides legal support for the smooth operations of projects and advises project teams from a Regulatory perspective. Apart from project delivery related support the Global Delivery Setup also has a compliance arm that supports the India Geographic on statutory compliances (covering all entity, establishment, transactions and people related) and are also responsible as local checkpoints for managing global compliance mandates including Code of Business Ethics, Anti-Corruption Laws, Data Privacy, Anti Money Laundering etc.
- The team also renders legal and advisory support to the various Corporate Functions (Finance, Controllership, Procurement, Taxation, Recruitment, Real Estate, Global Asset Protection (GAP), Marketing and Communication (Marcom), Government Relations etc), Other avenues of support include advice and diligence of Real Estate transactions and Workplace matters. The team is also responsible for rendering support in contract negotiation to the procurement portfolio, global dispute and litigation management team.
Responsibilities include :
1. Legal support to the corporate functions on identification, management and mitigation of foreseeable and potential risks arising from incident(s) pertaining to the organization, brand, employees, assets and clients.
2. Provide legal support in managing enquiries, investigations and visits by law enforcement agencies in relation to organisation or its employees or third-party related incidents or issues pertaining to personal matters. Instances fake recruitments, cybercrime, social media use, etc.
3. Legal advisory support on issues/incidents related to day-to-day business operations employee relations and client matters.
4. Supporting the team on vendor related matters which include review and negotiation(s) of vendor contracts.
5. Creation of vendor templates based on business requirement(s).
6. Supporting the team on various ancillary matters related to vendors.
7. Collaborating with various internal stakeholders including compliance; taxation; controllership to resolve vendor related queries.
8. Role requires working on process improvements, enhancements using technology, based on the learnings and requirements from stakeholders.
9. The role is expected to work closely with the Geographic Counsel Head
Work Experience & Educational Qualification :
- LLB / LLM with Experience 10+ years hands on experience in working in IT & ITES organization in reviewing and rendering legal advice from Indian local law perspective, interaction with Police authorities, well versed in criminal laws and other laws relevant for the IT/ITES industry including, contracting, litigations and disputes, Information Technology and Cyber laws (requires working knowledge), etc.
- Interpretation and formulation of policies, risk controls, standard operations process to provide guidance to internal stake holders and monitoring the operation of the same.
Skill sets & Proficiencies :
- Research and anticipate unique legal issues that could impact the company;
- Ability to provide legal advice and guidance to senior management for seeking decisions. Proactively collaborate and work closely towards meeting common business objectives;
- Monitor existing processes and ability to create processes as part of best practices to ensure compliance to organisations policies and risk mitigation;
- Ability to work closely with multiple stakeholders which will also include frequent interaction with the Management;
- Excellent team player and collaboration within and outside the team