AVP - Financial Control - Investment Bank (7-10 yrs)
About Our Client:
Our client is a leading investment bank with operations in more than 70 countries worldwide. They are an esteemed brand within the global banking industry and always strive to recruit the best talent in the industry. With the current expansion in their global operations, they are looking for a seasoned finance professional for their setup in Chennai.
Reporting to the VP - Finance, you will be responsible for:
- Ensure that all local accounting, reporting, tax, closing and finance matters are in line with both local regulations and group policy
- Assist Country Heads to serve as an advisor to coordinate with other departments in dealing with finance related practice
- Managing monthly, quarterly and year end close to ensure timely and accurate reporting in coordination with regional finance team
- Manage and review the preparation of all journal and adjusting entries to ensure financial reporting accuracy and completeness
- Partner with Regional Finance teams to develop and document efficient and effective controls on processes that are consistent across subsidiaries
- In charge of the relationships with external providers: insurance, audit firm, accounting firm and legal advisors
- Review treasury management
- Support external and internal audits as necessary
- Coordinate with legal firm for reviewing lease contracts, board resolution, vendor management and all legal issues
The Successful Applicant:
- You are Qualified CA / MBA (Finance) with 6-9 years of experience in accounting, consolidation & control. The ideal candidate would have prior associations with financial services organizations or corporate MNCs.
- Sound understanding of laws and statutory regulations pertaining to financial management, accounting, audit, compliance, taxation, accounting standards and application including international accounting is advantageous.
- Knowledge of IFRS is a must.
- You should also have a proven track record of influencing individuals to drive results apart from good communication and presentation skills.
What's on Offer:
It is a great opportunity for individuals to be involved in a growing work environment, within an employee-friendly organization and report directly to the senior stakeholders
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.