Managing Partner at Kairos Consulting India
Views:959 Applications:160 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:119
AVP - Finance - Financial Services (5-7 yrs)
Client - Financial Services
Location - Mumbai
Title - AVP Finance
Reports to - VP Finance and CFO
- To undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, taxation as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
- The role requires the person to be overall responsible for fund accounting and reporting
- Responsible for financial risk management.
AMC Finance & Accounting
- To manage AMC accounting - Budgeting, planning & MIS
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Preparation & finalization of financial statement as per India GAAP including Balance sheet, Profit & loss accounts & Cash flow.
- Analysing implications of all non-routine recordings in books from Accounting GAAP, audit norms, tax and RBI regulation perspective like Indian GAAP implication, NBFC regulation, MSME, GST, Income Tax laws etc., To be responsible for all Management Information reports for AMC Manage all accounting operations
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Prepare and publish timely financial statements (Monthly / Quarterly / Annually)
- Support month-end and year-end closing process
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Responsible for co-ordination with Internal & External Auditors to ensure timely completion of Audit
- Co-ordinating and providing all relevant documents for the statutory / tax / internal audits / tax audit / GST audit, IFC audits & certifications. Responsible for the preparation and filing of regulatory reports under Income Tax Act, SEBI, RBI, Companies Act etc.,
- Fund Accounting in collaboration with Fund Administrative Agent
- Prepare and/or review the maintenance of the books of accounts, and financial statements on a regular basis for the Domestic and International Funds
- Preparation of capital calls and distributions; Monitor payments and verify and control the accounting entries
- Co-ordinate, review and provide support through appropriate inputs/financials, to the Tax Teams, for the yearly/quarterly tax filings/intimations to the Investors of various funds
- Monitor, analyze, and report on profitability, NAV to investors and Management
- Oversight of third-party fund administration service providers including accounting, tax and performance measurement
- Manage the annual audit process with external auditors
- Manage budgeting and forecasting for the entities and funds
- Contribute to the production of the quarterly and annual accounting & reports
- Compliance and Reporting, process improvements, and risk and controls assessment.
- Assist the CFO for Investor Reporting of various funds
Education Background : Chartered Accountant
- Good candidate with desired experience
Years of experience 5 - 10 yrs
Sector / Geography / Industry Exposure Any (AIF industry preferred)
- Knowledge of accounting standards - Indian GAAP, IFRS
- Exposure to Accounting Packages like SAP, Tally, Working in ERP Environment, Expert knowledge of Excel, Microsoft PPT
- Knowledge of compliances under various Indian statutes like Income Tax Act, Companies Act, FEMA, SEBI , GST etc.
- Experience with consolidation or preparation of financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end closing process
- Relevant work experience preferred in a related business (private equity/hedge fund, other fund houses, or fund service provider) or large accounting firm
Competencies: Skills - including personal attributes
- Strong focus on detail
- Hardworking and motivated to deliver a high-quality product (reports, presentations)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, analytical skills, ability to learn and be result oriented.
- Positive attitude, articulate and good inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment
- Ability to lead and mentor the team.
- Ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team
- Cultural fit
- Ability to work independently and communicate confidently in a global environment across offices