Managing Partner at Dimensions HRD Consultants
Views:1034 Applications:124 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
AVP - Finance - Bank (12-17 yrs)
Position based with a large Local Bank in UAE
Purpose of the job:
To provide administrative and management oversight for the finance function of the bank, supervise finance functions, oversee preparation of financial statement and management information packs, prepare Board papers and ALCO (Asset Liability Committee) and EXCO (Executive Committee) support papers, monitor reconciliation platforms and follow up on the outstanding items, handle projects related to Finance Departments, oversee the insurance functions and in charge of the overall supervision of the Finance Department in supporting the activities of Chief Financial Officer. Checker and signatory to the documents related to payments, reconciliations, financial statements and Central Bank submission.
- Provides support to CFO in the strategic planning initiatives related to Finance functions of the bank and monitor the operational plans regularly.Quality of support provided.
- Strategic plan documentation and preparation.
- Implementation progress and status
- Oversee preparation of Board Documents and present financial statements for Board discussions and provide support explanations to CFO/DGMAccuracy of board documents.
- Board documents preparation on time.
- Attend Board meetings in case of need and provide support to the CFO/Board/EXCO in providing information support to bank management team. Information support provided to Board members.
- Information support to Management team.
- Implementation of Board instructions.
- Provide documentary support for ALCO/EXCO Meetings and provide management feedback for the funding options and investment options. ALCO/EXCO meetings documentations.
- Management feedback to management.
- Creativity and quality of suggestions.
- Manage Finance Team to oversee their management information reporting system, provide regular and adhoc profitability reports, managing the team efficiently in handing adhoc queries and reports required by CFO/senior management and to ALCO/EXCO submissions.Accuracy of the management information.
- Appropriateness of the management reports.
- Profitability reports and its appropriateness.
- Timeliness of the reports and its utility value.
- Oversee preparation of financial statements quarterly, annually etc for publishing it in the ADX ESCA and preparation of annual report. Compliance with ADX/SCA guidelines.Timely preparation of the financial statements.
- Support to provide timely upload of financial statements to media and ADX sources.
- Timely completion of annual reports.
- Provides support to CFO to handle rating agencies and meet their requirements and facilitate discussions and management feedback.Rating mechanism to run smooth and clear.
- Effective feedback to rating agencies.
- Quality of support provided to CFO.
- Organise insurance policies and coverage required for the banks risks and assets and manage claims and renewals. Take part in the negotiations and provide cost savings to the bank with good values.Effectively cover all risks in an appropriate manner
- Renewal of all policies on time.
- Manage claims negotiate for costs and reductions
- Oversee the reconciliation functions handled by the department, monitor and follow up the outstanding items for its closure. Monitor the checklists and progress of projects related to reconciliation and deliverables. All payments for purchases and services on time.
- No vendor complaints and disputes.
- Costs to be effectively reduced and negotiated.
- Oversee the Central Bank reporting as per the deadlines and co-ordinate with preparers for adhoc submissions required from time to time.
- Handle External Audit function and provide supports to complete audit work on time.All Central Bank reporting on time and accurately.
- No complaints from Central Bank on submissions.
- Transition from old to new reporting with accuracy.
- External Audit function smooth and timely completion.
- Handle projects for Finance Departments with strategic importance and in complete automation of the Finance Department. Support the project team in preparing notes, monitoring and providing team for UAT and other relevant project related works. Projects managed well and without problems.
- Quality of feedback provided to project team.
- Timely completion of project milestones.
- Prepare finance/desk manuals, workflows etc for the department and desks with the help of other resources and train staff members.Prompt preparation of manuals and related documents.
- Training & knowledge upgrade efforts carried out.