Senior Consultant at Live Connections
Views:3869 Applications:287 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
AVP - Finance & Accounts (12-15 yrs)
Key Accountabilities (List the expected end results or KPIs that the job holder is expected to achieve for this job. Do not list more than 5)
1. Manage a team of accountants in delivering vendor & employee payables
2. Own end to end responsibility for month end books close & HO reporting
3. Ensure timely & accurate closure of audits - internal & external - statutory, tax & TP
4. Work with Tax and FP&A leads to drive functional process efficiencies
5. Work with cross functional leads in the entity & HO counterparts will be critical for success in this role
Job Duties & responsibilities (List the principal duties. Use concise statements that provide a clear understanding of the level of responsibility, complexity, creativity and analysis performed in this position.)
1. Ensure timely & accurate processing of vendor invoices & employee payables vouchers - by managing the process & people in an effective manner.
2. Ensure timely & accurate month end book close by coordinating within the finance team
3. Ensure HO reporting is completed on time & accurately. Ownership to respond back to queries / clarifications from the HO team
4. Plan, prioritise & prepare for audits - internal & external. Need to ensure all audits are closed well ahead of time without any qualifications.
5. Responsible for providing all workings for TDS remittances, Adv tax computations, GST filings - all direct & indirect tax requirements. Need to work with the Tax lead on identifying & agreeing to timelines for activities.
6. Manage relationship with HO Group reporting team & Mumbai finance team to share / learn from best practices and/or changes happening within
7. Need to understand & review processes for automation opportunities and process improvements to manage scale & growth in 2020
8. Ability to handle 2 SEZ books of accounts and ensure tax returns / filings are done on time
9. Will have to own & perform tasks individually also and not just a supervisory role all the time.
10. Be a key team lead to work with other 2 AVPs in Finance to drive initiatives
11. Learn the FP&A aspects of the finance job as well for career growth & being a backup leader in the team.
12. Strong people management & stakeholder management skills will be required
13. Ability to work independently achieving results on a consistent basis will be highly desirable.
Required Experience (Indicate nature and extent of work experience including minimum number of years required.)
- 12 to 15 years- experience in Finance & Accounting.
- Qualified Graduate/CA / CMA candidates
- Exposure to SEZ / STPI related entities is preferable.
- Strong MS office skills, Power Point & Accounting ERP exposure is a must
- Should have strong people management & stakeholder management skills. Ability to deal with cross country & cross functional leads is a must
- Strong communication & openness to feedback will be highly critical strengths for success
- Willingness to take the team forward & grow with the organization is highly desired.
Education / Preferred Qualifications (Indicate the minimum and preferred qualifications required to perform all essential functions)
Please tick where appropriate: (Prefer but not mandatory)
GCE - O- Level 0
GCE - A- Level 0
Degree (please specify if necessary)
Post Graduate (optional) 0
MBA or equivalent
Professional Qualification 0 Chartered Accountant / Cost Accountant
Core Competencies (State the qualities, skills, behaviours and attitudes that the incumbent must possess in order to perform the responsibilities of this position.)
Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, dependable, and having a firm commitment in fulfilling obligations.
Adaptability/Flexibility - Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
Tolerance - Job requires dealing with diverse comments, dealing professionally and effectively handle stress situations.
Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.
Empathy - Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
Leadership - Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
Persistence - Job requires persistence & keen eye on ensuring deliverables are met.
Analytical Thinking - Job requires analysing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.