Project Manager at Huquo
Views:2813 Applications:722 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:33
AVP - Digital Transformation & Corporate Strategy - BFSI Domain (5-15 yrs)
- This individual will be responsible for implementation of enterprise wide flag-ship initiative that would be touching almost all aspects of insurance value chain.
- Will need to monitor and track budget and resourcing, contribute towards identification and delivery of Insurance industry-centric digital solutions, helping the Insurance industry turn digital disruptions into competitive advantage. Be responsible for researching Insurance industry talent internal and external, domain knowledge, agile capabilities, cutting edge technology know-how, frameworks and automation assets to simplify processes, enhance operating environments, mitigate operational risks, modernize operating models and increase process efficiency and effectiveness.
What you'll be doing:
Opportunity Identification :
- Evaluate the (re)insurance value chain and build an outlook towards opportunities, gaps and demand for a better digital experience
- Create and implement a strong ecosystem of experts (internal/external) for deep analysis and pursue/manage Industry specific research for Industry specific evaluations like ISO/Admitted Lines, Lloyds Market, Broker, MGAs, Re-Insurance, etc
- Based on pre-defined criteria, evaluate if the challenge is generic for insurance industry (will other accounts, geographies, processes also have similar challenges) and accordingly, define the generic business requirements
- Find optimal solutions for those challenges (could be either of build or buy); utilize industry and Insurtech solutions where possible
- Drive team to create business case (estimates) to get approvals from sponsors
- Once approved, assign the solution delivery to appropriate project team (internal or external)
- Update Stakeholders on progress updates, risk/issues, course corrections etc.
- Identify right team for building the solutions
- Develop a framework to evaluate opportunities and define their client and market application
- Coordinate with available Insurance domain experts at and Industry experts to validate opportunity classification
- Setup a framework for end to end program management and reporting to stakeholders
Internal adoption and Client Outreach :
- Work with delivery teams to propel the adoption of digital platforms and drive efficiency
- Work with Account Management, Solutioning and BD team in taking the solutions to existing and new clients
What you'll bring to the team :
- BFSI Digital transformation experience for at least 5+ years with overall experience up to 15+ years, managing insurance
- S/he should be an (re)insurance Industry Leader who has demonstrated expertise in delivery of enterprise level programs.
- S/he should be able to take ownership for delivery of strategic initiative for (re)insurance sector touching multiple process areas, Lobs, geographies and technologies across the (re)insurance value chain
- S/he should have a strong grasp on (re)insurance domain (E.g. Lloyd- s, ISO, Reinsurance) and must have very hands-on exposure across multiple (re)insurance facets (E.g. submission, policy, claims, billing, forms)
- S/he should have hands-on experience in insurance process evaluation using standard process analysis frameworks (E.g. SIPOC)
- S/he should have a knack of identifying opportunities for improvement (in terms of optimizations, automation etc.) within existing processes
- S/he should have a good hang of demands (traditional as well as emerging) for (re)insurance industry
- S/he should be able to manage stake-holder's expectations within and outside the organization, including the board
- S/he should be able to influence people (within and outside his/her line management remit) to align with the program objective
- S/he should be able to manage multiple parallel projects running under the program through the central team, tracking their progress, raising risk/issues, providing regular updates to stakeholders etc.
- S/he should be able to work with functional and technical specialists and build business cases with optimal solutions
- S/he should be able to make decisions based on facts and judgements (E.g. Build a solution or buy it from outside)
- Excellence in strategic and analytical problem solving - Quantitative, fact-based approach to team-based problem solving and strategic approach to address issues and offering solutions.
- Business acumen and IT knowledge - Strong business development skills. Must understand current market trends, risks and prevalent technologies used in the global Insurance industry