AVP - Decision Sciences - Climate Risk Domain (7-11 yrs)
AVP-Decision Sciences (Climate Risk)
- Decision Sciences job family is structured to address business problems with quantitative solutions like building of predictive algorithms / forecasting / scenario simulations etc. Members of this Job Family are differentiated by their capability of converting a business problem into a quantitative construct, solve it with available statistical / mathematical methods (following the right rigour), engage with IT to implement and finally interpret the model outcomes in business language.
- The range of business problems may cover areas of business growth, improving customer experience, limiting risk exposure, capital quantification, enhancing internal business processes etc.
- They are required to, as necessary, embed agile & exploratory practices into their approach, justify the choice of appropriate methods to various internal and external reviewers. This talent group is expected to keep themselves apprised of latest developments and industry practices around emerging methodologies, techniques etc. and bring those in-house by applying them for better outcomes. A decision sciences job family member should be able to:
- Apply relevant analytical methods / algorithms to get actionable insights from's internal (both structured and unstructured) and external data sources
- Partner with IT / Data Engineering teams to create deployment road-map
- Provide actionable solutions with clear articulation of recommendations for the business stakeholders across geographies
- Independently manage delivery of analytics projects by working with business partners across regions / geographies
- Actively contribute in innovative analytical solutioning for improved business performance
Job description: (Accountabilities, Major Challenges, Role context to be provided by the sub-function of respective Global Business/Global Function)
Management of Risk/Internal Controls/Compliance:
- The jobholder will continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term 'compliance' embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
- Minimum 7 years of experience of financial model validation/development experience in Risk Management
- Masters / Bachelor's degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Economic/Engineering/Computer Science/Management or any other quantitative fields of study
- Proficiency in Python, SAS, R, MS Office tools like Excel & PowerPoint.
- Proven expertise in using statistical algorithms for solving diverse business challenges and creating significant business value
- Candidate should have worked on Credit (retail or wholesale) or market risk model validation. Candidate should have basic understanding of different banking portfolios such as Credit Cards, Mortgage, PIL, Corporate, NBFI etc. He/she should be able to validate models used for different regulatory perspective such as OCC/FRB, EBA Guidelines and PRA regulations.
- Candidate with climate model risk knowledge and/or certification like GARP SCR will be preferred.
- Enthusiasm for proactively seeking, exploring and developing use cases for new data and/or tools/wider industry trends
- Candidate should be able to go through vast range of documentation and come up with concise set of questions highlighting
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.