Consultant at Live Connections
Views:3577 Applications:29 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
AVP - Credit Risk Modelling/Validation - BFSI (10-12 yrs)
Description of Role
- Global Analytics Centre (GAC) provides analytics support to various group businesses and functions. Typical deliverables include data analysis, providing analytics insights, model development, validation, calibration, strategy development, monitoring and reporting, information management and business intelligence. The deliverables form the basis for strategic planning by the senior management for businesses and enables effective decision making to satisfy business needs and requirements along with addressing unforeseen challenges.
- The Wholesale Credit and Market Risk (WCMR) department within Group Risk measures and monitors globally credit and market risks arising from trading activity as well as credit approval for large corporate, financial institution and sovereign exposures.
- The Regulatory and Risk Analytics team within WCMR oversees the policy, models, methodology, regulatory reporting and systems for counterparty risk arising from trading activity. It also acts as a central consolidation point for key risk data and analysis such as stress tests results.
- The Basel II/III regulatory framework introduces significant regulatory requirements on counterparty risk models. Further rule changes proposed by the Basel Committee are now under consultation and will need to be implemented over the next few years. Model development, approval, implementation and maintenance are essential for minimizing RWA and credit usage. However, the regulatory requirements significantly add to the effort required
Role Purpose (overall high level summary of the role)
With the ever increasing demands seen from regulators on model methodology and to ensure adherence to best practices it is necessary to have clearly articulated model development guidelines and standards and ensure adherence to the same. This role is responsible for supporting the wholesale credit risk model development projects for Global and Regional models.
Also ensure compliance with audit requirements by performing audit checks as required by process, in line with business process requirements and consistent with Group and Company policies and standards.
At least Masters in any of the following fields:-
- Engineering (or B-tech with relevance experience)
- MS / MBA in Finance
- Around 10 years of professional experience in financial services
- Prior experience in model development and validation in wholesale credit risk domain
- Understanding of regulatory implications and relevance
- Prior experience to small and large corporate credit risk Basel models would be beneficial
- Management of project teams, both direct and matrix
Contact Name: Lubna
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.