AVP - Compliance - Bank (7-10 yrs)
Our client is a MNC Bank. We are looking for a Compliance professional as per following specifications :
Job Purpose :
Support the Department Head/Team Lead (DH) & Senior Compliance Advisor in Compliance Advisory & Oversight to India Franchise. Act as the primary liaison and manager of both internal and external stakeholder relationships. Ensure local compliance program is executed, in accordance with the Global Compliance Program. Manage regulatory inspection management / interactions & internal audits
1. Develop and maintain strong stakeholder management with key stakeholders both within the Bank and externally.
2. Work in partnership with various Departments to ensure compliance with local regulations
3. Support the DH to facilitate setting up an in-house compliance service that effectively supports business areas in their duty to comply with relevant laws and regulations and internal procedures.
4. Support the DH to provide pro-active and consultative advisory service to business on compliance related issues for the related areas.
5. Maintain good and professional relations with RBI & other Statutory or Regulatory authorities, either during Inspection or BAU process
1. Advise India Businesses on all compliance topics
2. Support other Compliance India colleagues in evaluation of compliance risks and related business controls
3. Interface with other Compliance India colleagues to deliver appropriate compliance testing and learning coverage for the businesses
4. Manage regulatory inspections, thematics / interactions & internal audits and responses and follow-ups
5. Identify and articulate metrics that support the compliance program
6. Act as liaison for senior business leaders in support of the broader compliance program
7. Coordinate with Risk, Audit and HR Departments to implement strong compliance culture
8. Develop and deliver ad-hoc live training sessions / programs as needed
9. Review relevant rules, regulations, guidelines and circulars, as may be applicable, with a view to develop subject matter expert (SME) level knowledge especially in FEMA, Commercial Banking matters
10. Ensure that up-to-date knowledge is maintained on industry trends, products, relevant laws and regulations.
11. Conduct reviews and investigations, as may be directed by DH or CCO
12. Ensure timely and accurate reporting is made to HO or Regional Stakeholders
13. Support the CCO towards bringing in improvement/efficiency in Compliance India activities.
14. Assist HO in various projects undertaken and ensuring the timely effectiveness of responsibilities assigned.
15. Complete administrative duties including but not limited to the filing/storage of documentation, taking minutes of meetings and the secure filing of compliance related documents.
16. Develop recommendations for continuous improvement and support implementation.
17. Adhere to all company policies as well as guidelines.
18. Perform any other assignment or role, as may be directed by Compliance Management staff, in order to fulfill the Bank's Compliance Program
C] Expertise / knowledge required
1. Strong decision making skills
2. Ability to work independently and think outside the box.
3. Manage projects effectively and execute in a timely fashion.
4. Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
5. Proficient in preparing regulatory returns, reports and records.
6. Strong knowledge of Banking regulation in India.
7. Good communication skills with the ability to influence others.
8. Good stakeholder management skills to collaborate with other Departments.