CEO at Consult ShekharPandey
Views:1115 Applications:280 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
AVP - Benefits Consulting/Sales - Insurance (8-12 yrs)
Role Focus -
As a Benefits Consultant you will be responsible for developing new business, leading and managing large group benefits client engagements and serving as strategic advisor to clients. You'll also be asked to contribute your thought leadership to the overall development of the Employee Health & Benefits practice. You will consult on a wide variety of complex projects involving the design, pricing, funding, implementation and management of a full array of Employee Health & Benefits (EH&B) programs including medical, life, accident, wellness, and related products.
Typical Key Activities / What I Do
- Lead and manage multiple large EH&B consulting client engagements
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with client contacts through effective communication and efficient, quality execution of projects
- Identify opportunities to cross sell projects and services to current clients
- Develop plans for execution of large engagements
- Finalize and present quality deliverables to clients
- Interface with colleagues from other practices and regions on assignments that reflect the clients broader business issues
- Counsel clients on short-, medium- and long-term strategic planning
- Communicate current trends and advances in benefits space
- Support in data analytics & specialty services such as Mergers & acquisitions and Migration of Self insured plans
- Provide valued-added consulting expertise on large, sophisticated projects including plan re-design, pricing, funding and employee contributions strategies, benchmarking studies and negotiations, plan renewals and vendor analysis and management
- Contribute to projects within the Specialty area including health management/wellness, analytics, employee engagement, technology, and related areas.
- Contribute to the development of new value proposition, products, tools and approaches
- Support the generation of new business by enhancing relationships with current clients and recommending new projects and solutions
- Participate in prospecting opportunities with new clients as part of a broader sales team
- Directly contribute to clients success through applying your technical expertise
- Build relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate natural ease and effectiveness when dealing with clients/colleagues at all levels
- Serve as mentor to Analysts and CEs
Organizational Impact :
- Understand, live and promulgate company values.
- Make a measurable contribution to EH&B consulting through specialist research, developing intellectual capital, improving processes, etc.
- Provide effective and clear peer review and advice to colleagues.
- Proactively manage own development. Seek mentoring and coaching support when needed.
- Network; that is, develop a client and firm-wide personal brand as someone with a high degree of credibility, whose advice and input is actively sought and trusted.
- Comply with processes and policies, and use tools and business processes to support business goals