AVP/Associate Director - Credit Approver/Credit Underwriting - Mid & Large Corporate - Bank (6-12 yrs)
Job Title: Credit Approver/Credit Underwriting(Mid & Large Corporate), Part of the Risk Function
Designation: AVP/Associate Director
Job Description: Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for credit appraisal and approver of Mid & Large corporate clients in adherence to the organisations policy. Identifying and mitigating risk by taking decision on the exposure levels, collateral and guarantees for all regular banking and treasury products.
- Experience in carrying out due diligence and appraising projects across various sectors.
- Review and adherence of the rating methodology / framework for risk classification.
- Working closely with external partners to create the risk grading & portfolio management system.
- Manage credit risk across all products and transactions in wholesale bank.
- Active client interaction for risk assessment as well as execution of transactions.
- Manage business partner expectations within the Firm's risk appetite.
- Responsible for identification of other risks and escalation to relevant risk partners.
- Formulating specific policies and procedures including those required to comply with Regulatory framework.
- Creating underwriting matrix and grading for approval limits within the team.
- Regulatory interaction for Credit Risk Management.
- Maintaining a healthy portfolio to keep NPA's to the lowest levels possible.
- Underwriting experience of managing Mid & large corporate clients
- Sound understanding of cross industry dynamics
- Sound Analytical skills & great interpersonal skills
- An effective team player